2011 Mini Cooper

adam_r

Following on from the Mazda 6, Amy's Corolla decided enough was enough and is sounding more rough by the day... We ended up selling it for £500 which is a bargain to the buyer considering the work and parts I had put in to her. 

We have now got a 2011 Mini Cooper 1.6 petrol with 78k on the clock as a replacement. 

It's a fairly robust car and has already needed a new set of shoes.. I will also need to do brake fluid, brakes and other bits.. But may leave it a while as December has been hideously expensive! 

I have already hardwired in a dash camera as well as sorted out bluetooth steaming to the sound system. 

IMG_20211230_58266.jpg

19 hours ago, Tony said:

Other than the tyres, they are a nice car. A bit like the Tardice they are bigger inside than they look.

Thanks Tony. 

The boot is laughable, but it's the wife's runaround so will be more than sufficient. 

I took it out for a spirited drive and have an inclination some bushings need doing on the front. It wasn't as stable and commanding over bumps and rough road as I would have expected. 

On 31/12/2021 at 12:08, Rich said:

Nice looking car Adam, I've always liked these. Does it go well for a 1.6?

It remarkably pokey, I would say its faster than the 6. 

It feels very light and as such the 1.6 (122 hp) pulls the car along very well. 

On 01/01/2022 at 21:59, adam_r said:

It remarkably pokey, I would say its faster than the 6. 

It feels very light and as such the 1.6 (122 hp) pulls the car along very well. 

Sounds good. There are still loads of these on the road (and many for sale on autotrader) so parts should also be easy to get hold of. It's definitely one on my to get list at some point.