Cazoo - Cazoo yeh you can

Their advert on TV has been getting to me, “all are cars are carefully reconditioned” - what ?

Old school reconditioned was when you rebuilt an engine or gearbox etc - what does this mean in 2021 ?

They have the same business model as "We buy any car", they buy the car direct from the customer,  store it somewhere and sell it online , they have to check the car under law but you have the right to return for a few days/weeks after purchase 

WBAC are doing the same with Cinch, this is the future of car sales as most people car the same about buying a car as they do about buying a tin of baked beans 

Watch this space as the dealers start to do the same  

they buy the car direct from the customer

They only started doing that 2 days ago :)

They started buying from BCA getting them to prep. the car and store it until it was sold. They had £500 million of investment in the first year. You can buy a car from them ( no haggling ) or buy a subscription which includes everything but petrol and is very expensive.

The guy that started it in 2018 owned Zoopla before, sold that and started this.

Exactly, strange business ideas.

Also, they have Customer Service centres open where you can pick up your car or pay £50 to have it delivered, they will service your car whether you bought it from Cazoo or not.  It I wonder how many people know this and would want to do it and centres are “regional” but mostly around the Midlands.

On 18/08/2021 at 16:34, Viking said:

"No Haggling" simply means they're selling the car for a price, and they're not gonna budge. I wouldn't class that as a good thing.

All dealers have a price that they aren't going to budge on, they just hope for more and often get it  

Since the majority of people now buy on finance less and less haggle, I have a mate who has never haggled just doesn't feel comfortable doing it 

Personally I wont pay any admin charges when buying a car and if they wont negotiate I'll move onto to somewhere that will, but that's not how the game is played for most sales today