Question about tracking

Hi everyone,

I own a 2004 Mercedes CLK 240 and it recently had a new lower front suspension arm changed by the garange and subsequently they re-did the tracking. I was told, but stupidly enough didn't ask any further, that they needed to re-gas it to do the tracking. Any idea what they could mean with that?

One thing I noticed since they did the work was that the car now seems to jerk back and forward quite a bit when braking, especially when braking relatively slowly, before a traffic light. It's not as bad when I brake harder, so I'm just trying to figure out what the cause for that could be. I don't feel anything through the brake pedal or steering wheel. It's rather the whole car that seems to jerk for a bit. 

Thanks for any help!

Hi

Is the car on air suspension.

Seems to me there is play in the front bushings.  Geometry won't do this but a loose control arm or bushing would.

In addition, does the car pull when braking as well?

No, not that I know of.

I took it back to the garage this morning and they checked to make sure it's all tight. They test-drove it as well and can feel it, but they said they can't find a specific reason for it. He said there's a little bit of play in one of the wheel bearings, but nothing major and some of the other suspension components feel a tiny bit spongy when he tested them with a pry bar.