Waterless wash and polish....

Tony

On 26/02/2021 at 11:27, Tony said:

Anyone used this stuff?... Elaine bought me some for Xmas.

The bit i don't get is surely you're washing the paint with a contaminated cloth?

No    Your polish doesn’t go anywhere near the paint  ( unless it’s a 60 year old car ).   You are polishing  only the lacquer .    The hope is.  that  when your car was manufactured  it received a good top coat of paint before the lacquer  was applied.   Because that is all you will  be  seeing  through the polished  “lacquer”    ...

Edited by Ray collins
Mistake in spelling

If you're keeping the dirt in the cloth then you're scratching the car. There's no other answer than that in my view. Paint, lacquer, it makes little difference what terminology you use really, if you got muck on your wash cloth or mitt etc. then that muck causes scratches.

The one time I have used 'waterless wash' was my last time. 

I remember taking my old car to a show and having it polished to a really good finish, I purchased some waterless wash as an easy way to clean and remove any light contamination from the drive.... 

Needless to say the car was covered in small swirls after the clean :banghead:

I would only use that or preferably quick detailer to go over a very lightly dusty car. I wouldn't wash a dirty car without water, I'd rather not wash it at all. I would prefer to use a rinseless shampoo and still wash with water to avoid rubbing dirt in to the paint.

Not if you use a good quality microfibre cloth. I’ve used it on maybe five different cars, not all the time sometimes a proper wash, and I’m happy with results. No swirls. Also, use it sometimes after a good wash just bring up the gloss and produce an easy wax finish.