The beast lives and ready for mot

jammy

After a year off road and abandoned in a mates field the signum sprung back to life,sorted the issues regarding overheating and a set of new rubber all round happy days

Its just a rear number plate and rear calipers retainer to be done and id say it passes first time

20210212_181335.jpg

I love it :) thus is the one I brought up to wim a while back :)

It failed but only on the rear plate being distorted and water damaged.. not bad considering its been in a field for a year now 

I have em a quick going over before the mot as they get bad every few months,they need a proper sanding back and relaquring and they would last a few year..plates should be here tomorrow....the astra can park up and get sornd for a bit..its worth money that car is so o. Tempted to do the body work before selling it ..

Thing is a couple more years it will be gaining more value as the turbo 200+ are quite rare now

Wow nick that's extortionate to say the least...

I've found a breakers in Lithuania that has lots of new and used v6 parts on the shelf so hopefully things shouldn't be to bad if something fails up front..

Cambelt is due next year (that looks like a fun job for me :rolleyes: 

Glad to have the old beast functioning again :)

8 hours ago, NickT said:

Excellent :)

I miss my old vectra, best car I had. 

Do you know I've had like 10 vectra c now and 4 signums and I've only had 1 bad apple which was a 2009 1.9 cdti vectra and it siezed solid after 2 weeks usage  as it had the wrong oil in it..took a grand hit on that 1 but broke it up and near broke even in the end..

These cars eat up motorway miles with ease

On 24/02/2021 at 20:30, jammy said:

some car shuffling and a few  sorn declarations the siggy is insured and awaits the 1st for tax woop woop

20210224_202712.jpg

What have you been buying on eBay! :lol:

4 hours ago, jammy said:

Proper :) but now I have to decide which one goes up forsale..

This or the astra :unsure:

That's a shame after all the hassle you had with the Astra too. Guess it's a choice between the space in the Signum or the power in the Astra.

10 hours ago, Rich said:

What have you been buying on eBay! :lol:

That's a shame after all the hassle you had with the Astra too. Guess it's a choice between the space in the Signum or the power in the Astra.

Its jot even been hassle tbh mate.i bought it broken,fixed it and caused some issues my self but on the whole almost 2 years of ownership has been great with it..id like to complete the astra by painting it a d new seats (i can afford for it to sit around in the workshop for a month or 2 while I decide i guess..in that time the wheels need to be repainted Nd a good valet regardless..

I'm confident I've cured the overheating issue with the signum so I'm now going to use it for a month and see if all is well.. 

If it does happen to overheat again then its straight in the shop and stripped for parts 

The outcome isn't lookin great

Still has cooling issues though it doant overheat

Egr cooler 

Thermostat 

Or headgasket/gaskets 

So I'm going for a stat and egr cooler bypass and hope that sorts it