Latest geo report astra h sri/vxr

jammy

Aye I have learnt a few things over the years since I've found WIM :) I think I'm the most anal person about alignment in the whole of the thanet district tbh :lol: knowone drovers don't can about it and always avoid/put off having it done and wonder why they keep going through tyres like they goin out of fashion...

Ordered the bearing so i shall report back soon

Went out an hour or so for the first time today and its all sloall.could the cold be playing havock with the fluid/gas inside the dampers? It was very unpleasant for the majority of the 5 mile each way trip..

No rattles   bangs or funny moment to report as itvstill drove straight  but like a boat

So then all 5 bolts on each wheel was loose as they was ratting when I went round the shop just now.

To say I. Am annoyed at this moment in time is an understatement....

I've only driven about 20 miles since Thursday..

Explains the deterioration of how it drove drove from yesterday afternoon when I was coming home..

Thing is now it is driving very bad again.

Steering is vague and rather light.it goes straight but doesn't feel stable at all now

Hope this hasn't damaged my wheels or hubs

Yes mate their 16 year old apprentice was left to do them up and torque them down..

Just been up there and the attitude is un real.

I was by no means rude or load but I have a right to be pi55ed here right?

Got fobbed off out the door amd come back at mid day..

So my whole day now has to be put on hold due to incompetence 

Tries telling my the alignment will be fine regardless....omg people do cracks me up with their BS they really doo

9Its messed my day up amd lost me a £100 job this morning as I've had to deal with this....

I've used these for atleast 4 years now and apart from a couple of snapped bolts they had been great..but the guy who would always do my cars has been put in the main garage doing mots atm ...

Thing is other than kuikfit its the only place in my district with a geo machine but I might not use them after this..

Cheeky ××××ing bankers are now saying that because the lad was seen using a torque wrench on all 4 wheels (checked on cctv apparently) that it is impossible that they would come undone...

Then was asked to leave and go elsewhere..

Such a disappointing end to completing engine and running gear phase of the car..

Its coming to WIM at such time im allowed to

Its not as direct and responsive as it has been in later months...

When I left there Friday it felt great.id only done 3 miles home from said garage and then back again 4pm the following day for fine tune of alignment...

That done it drove sweet on my way home again.. Saturday I had 2 miles if that to drive and during that drive the whole feel of the car went very od.

Drove it home and it seemed a very crash ride and still weird to drive.

Basically all 20 bolts had to go nearly half a turn more to click my wrench at 110nm ive actually done them to 120nm for piece of mind atm

2 minutes ago, SMARTLY said:

Contact Trading Standards, sounds like bull5hit to me :(

If they were watching I wonder if they checked the setting on the torque wrench?

Thats what I'm wondering.

End of the day it didn't need to get like that.

If it was me I'd of just took the car in and checked the alignment for their records should Itake it further.