Latest geo report astra h sri/vxr

jammy

So I recently replaced track rod ends and track arms,lower arms and top mount bushes upfront

Id like to address the front camber and maybe the caster a little as the n/s front wheel looks to sit forward when looking at the car side on. 

After the alignment the car drove really nice but holding wheel to the right when driving but in a flat road it is nearly level..

All after measurements atmre in the green but I feel something is still not quite right imo?

If I was to move the subframe over to the o/s slightly this should balance out the camber some more correct?

Also the rear camber is out but now the rear toe is bang on.the rear toe has always been out on this car so I am  baffled with the rear now.. I can get shims for the rear...

20210114_082849.jpg

Tuning the forces I would want the NSF caster ( positive ) but when moved it will indirectly displace the toe... Once the toe is corrected it will indirectly displace the camber, which when corrected it will move the camber.

Yes..... Thing is the car should have ballast installed and if this is required the target datum assumes this has been done?

This my read odd but adding the driver does not change the driver's geometry? Basically the car is in two parts

1: above the coils

2: below the coils

So if you think about it the "above the coils moves the unsprung position transversely.

First time the astra has been done and its not been right...its had 3 in 18  months  when suspension was fitted when I got the car,lower arm time October time and then after warranty replacement lower arms a week'ish later

So here is the latest print out

I think that's as close as I'll get the subframe without the aid of a machine but its definitely made the difference...

Car actually drives really realy well now..

But notice the rear camber and toe have changed again?todays result is how the rear has always been..

Any idea of what will be the culprit here? As id love to get the rear sat as equal possible again

Tell me about it :lol:

Truth is they was upnfor replacement in a 1000 miles of so anyway.

What do you think is causing the difference in toe on the rear Tony? Most print outs I've seen see the rear on 0.11

I share your fussiness mate,I'd like to see each value even or near as it can..

Just fitted 4 new tyres on and I have no shaking  along with actual grip again as it doesn't wheelspin all the time now :) .. im going to book it in for another check and possibly fine tune the current set up now them crap tyres are off.

I love asymmetric tyres BTW 

So today went well..fitting the new tyres had altered things slightly and a fine tune was necessary (was done for free too) I'm still looking to cure the resr toe issue though..

Am I right that  its the o/s rear toe that needs address? To me it appears that the axle seems fine given the evan balance of camber across both sides,this points the problem more than likely being the hub/wheel bearing itself being bent due to an impact forcing the wheel to turn out slightly?

16112548650685230715702897967315.jpg

And the part I think needs replacing...

Going back to castor again,can new tyres alrer castor angles as the castor has moved back again and I'm wondering if the subframe has moved