Zero point calibration lexus GSMK2

Delp76

Hi all I've posted couple of threads recently about my car not tracking straight. My question is does a zero point calibration done after wheel alignment.  Yaw rate and deFirst place I took to couldn't do it with there scanner once plugged in scanner did not recognise the car. Doing that I ended up with ABS and VSC light on but they got it off. 

49 minutes ago, Tony said:

Lock to lock with the reset system activated should reset the centre point but remember this not a mechanical correction it's a centre point calibration which is actually born from the rear.

So is lock to lock done after steering angle sensor reset? As I'm going to the alignment place once again tomorrow. And they said they would recheck alignment but can't do SAS. Would you recommend I do.. 

I'm not sure if your car is self learning... If not then we would need to plugin the ECU and force the sensor to find the car's centreline?.....

All cars that are adjustable at the rear then after the toe adjustment will change the cars centre line. AKA Thrust angle.

If a car with bad thrust but not adjustable due to the design we would attempt to move the rear beam, reason is most cars are not a surgically built.

Failing that we would turn off the rear thrust angles reference point.. Most tyre shops think aligning the front wheels is measured by each front wheels... But it's not! The front wheels datum point is from the rear, namely the Thrust angle.

Even the the rear camber not quite there. Still pulling to left and steering wheel off centre.  They said they couldn't reset SAS as there scanner wouldn't allow it. I've been in touch with other Lexus GS owners and they said SAS there cars after alignment were never done. I'm not sure were to look next. Tony you said that reports good. But what next, 

Assuming the tyres are moved with no result then i would set the steering manually? I would mark each steering arm, rotate one half a turn in and the other half a turn out.

no need to re-measure the geo until the steering position is level. call it fine-tuning.

Ok let's explain this better.

If? the steering position is down to the left then i would adjust the toe NSF out "negative" or let's say half a turn, and then the OSF out half a turn in or "positive". Assuming this works then it needs to go back on the machine for fine-tuning.

Hi Tony can you check if the Lexus Gs430 2003 does actually need the SAS reset after alignment. Two places I took to and they said there computer didn't tell them to reset. But to be fair one garage tried with scanner but couldn't do. Second place tried it but scanner also didn't come up with it. If this only main  dealer can do it. Just wondering if after an alignment at your place would your machine tell you to check.. 

4 hours ago, Tony said:

Sure i can check tomorrow.

After each measurement and adjustment has the steering position changed?

Another point, was there a time when the steering was straight and then went off-line. If yes what happened in between?

The position of steering wheel has been sitting off center to every time I've had adjusted and been back. 

It's always been off centre as far as I can  remember. 

I still think the SAS has to be reset. As that last report is the best it's been since having all the adjustment. Be good to know if the manufacturer says it must be reset after alignment. 

I await your reply. 

No.... Please don't remove the steering wheel.... All that will do is a visuel repair rather deal with the actual problem.

Take it this way..... If you cook it going into a bend the steering sensor won't help because the information it has regarding the steering position is wrong.

Life- VE- death.