Ju

Upon checking yesterday closely I saw colour radial bands on the front tyres. 

They are red and both bands on each tyres are on the inner edge if standing looking at the front of the car. Driver side tyre is remember right and passenger is left. In the article it says opposite sides is o. K but didn't read anything about if the colour band is on the inner edge. Oh and the colour dots don't match the valve stem.. And advice on the bands as to eliminate the issue of the pulling.. 

3 hours ago, Tony said:

My poxy car crash has really knocked my time-line?

Ohh sorry to hear that I hope all is well. 

I already read the article, but couldn't see if it's o. K if the inner radial band will not cause pulling. 

I don't want to be selfish but if you can tell me if the inner radial band is on both inner edges and not on the outside is that o.k? Any members advice be appreciated. 

They should be ok whether both are on the inner or outer edge of the tyre. It's when they're not that's the problem. So if one tyre had it on the outside and the other the inside it would cause a pull as they're not the opposite of eachother.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

They should be ok whether both are on the inner or outer edge of the tyre. It's when they're not that's the problem. So if one tyre had it on the outside and the other the inside it would cause a pull as they're not the opposite of eachother.

Right that's good then probably got lucky on that one.. The red and yellow dots are not matched to valve stems but that's only related to balancing the tyres.  Got get lucky second time

What if the tyres have no color banding what does that mean

Proof it's a tyre reason just move the fronts side-to-side then test drive.

The dots on the sides denote lateral movement and i think the red dot is a lateral peck and the blue dot is a heavy point that you align with the valve.

On 05/09/2020 at 09:20, Tony said:

The dots on the sides denote lateral movement and i think the red dot is a lateral peck and the blue dot is a heavy point that you align with the valve.

They've already moved the tyres side to side and the pull went the other way, indicating it's the tyre. Then after an alignment it started pulling back the other way.

I would definitely put the pilot sport on the front and see what happens. Cheap tyres and not matching them can cause alot of problems with pulling/drifting. 

Before I met Tony I used to buy budget tyres and always ended up with different brands although tried to keep them the same on each axle. Now for the last 10+ years I have more or less run all my cars with the same brand of tyres and at least mid range ones. I haven't had any pulling issues from tyres since.

10 hours ago, Rich said:

They've already moved the tyres side to side and the pull went the other way, indicating it's the tyre. Then after an alignment it started pulling back the other way.

I would definitely put the pilot sport on the front and see what happens. Cheap tyres and not matching them can cause alot of problems with pulling/drifting. 

Before I met Tony I used to buy budget tyres and always ended up with different brands although tried to keep them the same on each axle. Now for the last 10+ years I have more or less run all my cars with the same brand of tyres and at least mid range ones. I haven't had any pulling issues from tyres since.

Will be trying that today to see if any different. Steering wheel still sitting off centre though

On 05/09/2020 at 09:20, Tony said:

The dots on mine are not aligning with the valve stem. What I read was it's a balancing issue. Could that be the problem also