VHT Paint

Rich

I've got a can of hammerite I'm going to use to paint a metal pipe that isn't exposed to heat. But I also need to paint the backbox on the Lexus as a lot of it is peeling off.

Can anyone recommend a VHT Paint for the job or will any be ok? I'm also looking at using it on suspension arms and the coilover springs on the MX5 as I noticed a lot of surface rust on those today! :(

Anyone used this?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/hycote-vht-black-400ml-552776151

I don't think grease will work on a backbox though! Plus all the crap sticks to it.

The pipe is steel and I've treated the rust on it, just need to paint it later. Then I'll be putting a wax coating over the top, which will hopefully prevent further rust.

I may just use that on the suspension parts of I have enough and just the VHT paint on the exhaust.

Not sure what pipes you're thinking of but I've never seen copper ones. They're all steel and usually painted, powder coated or have some other coating that once fails let's the rust set in.

Anyway, I think I might try the hycote paint, reviews seem good. 

I've never replaced brake lines but one on the MX5 needs doing as that's steel and the coating has come off causing corrosion to form. That car is 21 years old. I've not noticed copper lines on any other car I've worked on. When were they used?