Lexus UX250h Takumi

liner33

So wife wanted to change the Prius and wanted something a bit nicer but really loved the Prius and the way it drove so Lexus seemed the obvious choice 

The UX is a small SUV like the Toyota CH-R , same chassis as the Prius and more room in the front than the Prius but less room in the back and a smaller boot. Much more powerful than the Prius and about 2 seconds quicker to 60 thanks to its 182hp 2.0l hybrid, also the CVT is much improved in these with synthesised gears so you'd think it was a conventional auto. Generally is a much nicer place to be and a great mile muncher with some nice features that make long journeys a little more relaxing ie adaptive cruise, lane assist and various self driving safety systems like auto braking 

The Takumi is very well specced but at the time we bought ours they didnt come with Apple carplay or Android auto but they do now, but that bothers me more than the wife who doesn't care about stuff like that as long as the volume is decent. 

Covered about 7000 miles now and its averaging 45mpg which isnt too bad , but the wife loves it and calls it a 7 year car. (We usually keep our cars 3 , 5 or 7 years) 

NpXh1YB.jpg?1

BwRk55x.jpg

lbcnuVM.jpg

dkPyucw.jpg

nVoJIuC.jpg

MKl8mYy.jpg

Yes it is a late 2019 model . Offered in 4wd as well . Pretty sure the Prius was bigger than the CT certainly in the rear . The UX is quite a bit bigger than the CT and I suspect may be the "baby" Lexus from now. 

• 2 years later...

Thought I'd update this as the 3rd anniversary is approaching and the car has first had its first mot

Currently on about 24500 miles , its had its three annual services and nothing has gone wrong,  its long term average mpg is 49mpg on E10 , running it on super makes no difference really. 

We did have to pay to have Apple Car play added as a software update (£80) and I bought an adapter (Another £80) which adds wireless carplay which is awesome 

We have just fitted two new front tyres at 24.5k they were down to around 3mm but a minor rotational noise from the front offside wheel disappeared on fitting them so perhaps they wear strangely on these over time, i know some cars do on the rear

Inspection showed the brake pads still at 9mm so don't imagine doing them for a couple of years 

I had a brand new one as a loan car and although a few bits have been changed I cant see much actual improvement so expecting to keep this another three years, in fact we have just taken a new service plan out which was £1200 and covers two major and one minor service, seems to make sense with inflation running as high as it is 

• Like 1

You can't really go wrong with a Lexus, our CT had no real issues. The only things that needed replacing were the 12v battery and washer fluid valve.

The brakes on a hybrid could last 100k miles, we changed ours at 80k but they still had 2-3mm left on them and the rears were still the originals when we sold it.

What's the infotainment system like on this, is it better than the Prius you had? I found the CT200 one was very poor and looked cheap. BMWs iDrive is so much better.

On 03/09/2022 at 10:38, Rich said:

You can't really go wrong with a Lexus, our CT had no real issues. The only things that needed replacing were the 12v battery and washer fluid valve.

The brakes on a hybrid could last 100k miles, we changed ours at 80k but they still had 2-3mm left on them and the rears were still the originals when we sold it.

What's the infotainment system like on this, is it better than the Prius you had? I found the CT200 one was very poor and looked cheap. BMWs iDrive is so much better.

The standard Lexus infotainment is poor , much better than the Gen3 Prius we had but still very poor something the Japanese in general haven't kept pace with , no touchscreen and the weird pad to use to navigate the screen, but once you add Car Play its fine , you still need to use the touchpad but you can also use Siri 

Driving the 2022 version as a loaner I was disappointed to see its still the same infotainment  

The Mark Levinson sound is way better than my BMW though

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/09/2022 at 11:30, liner33 said:

The standard Lexus infotainment is poor , much better than the Gen3 Prius we had but still very poor something the Japanese in general haven't kept pace with , no touchscreen and the weird pad to use to navigate the screen, but once you add Car Play its fine , you still need to use the touchpad but you can also use Siri 

Driving the 2022 version as a loaner I was disappointed to see its still the same infotainment  

The Mark Levinson sound is way better than my BMW though

The standard infotainment system is worse than poor IMO - basically atrocious - same one as toyota. Keeps losing connection with phone when playing spotify and the updates from Lexus/Toyota cost an arm and a leg. Some can be updated to support apple car play / android so worth looking into to do that