Panoramas

Sagitar

At a loose end this afternoon so I thought I would try some of the aspects of Affinity Photo that I haven't used yet.

Pano20200506L.thumb.jpg.d037ba9fc73458086550876209e142b4.jpg

The software has a very simple panorama function and I tried it out with some images taken with an 8mm wide angle lens. The result wasn't bad but I think I left it too late in the day. I'm guessing it would have been better around mid-day with the sun directly behind the camera. If the light is OK tomorrow I may have another try.

Edited by Sagitar
correction

How many images did the software stitch together? It's done a good job.

The first image looks a bit washed out, did you do any post processing? Maybe a polarising filter would help for when you can't get the sun behind you.

Thanks Rich. The first one has six images and the second one has five, but they are all taken with an 8mm lens so there is a great deal of overlap on each image.

I think the first one just lacks contrast. The second is, I think, over processed and the colours are un-natural.

But I was only trying to learn the processes that I needed to produce a panorama and the garden isn't big enough to really need one so it was all just for fun. I can get better pictures of the garden without panoramas.

Here's a straight one for comparison.

DSCF2012p.jpg.91e20bea76c6b9042721ddd5be08750d.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know of any other software that stitches images together, can Lightroom do it?

I recently bought a new phone, a Samsung S10+ and I'm really impressed with the camera on it, especially the wide angle. I can actually photograph the whole garden at once now.

On 19/05/2020 at 12:04, Rich said:

Do you know of any other software that stitches images together, can Lightroom do it?

I recently bought a new phone, a Samsung S10+ and I'm really impressed with the camera on it, especially the wide angle. I can actually photograph the whole garden at once now.

I had the impression that you used Photoshop. It certainly stitches panoramas.