Spec me some glue......

I'm struggling to find the strongest glue from plastic to glass.... It's the glue needed for the glass engine cover so wind and vibration is a factor.I've tried a few brands and some fail to stick the glass and other fail to stick to the plastic spacers..... Point is if one fails i have to remove the glass and re-do all of them.

When I worked for the Police we used to stick the camera holders to the windscreen with Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate glue. This was 25 years ago so the cameras were big heavy beasts in comparison to todays and this stuff really stuck the brackets on.

Maybe if you look for a glue that has that as the base? I'm not sure what type of plastic the brackets were.

Can't really find any - it's probably banned now ha. There is a similar nethacrylate one HERE but they are talking about bonding fibreglass and metals, etc. Non porous so could do the same - maybe worth contacting them on their website?

What about glues that fix rear view mirrors to windscreens? They tend to be plastic.

• Like 1

Most of the superglues will dissolve in hot water (over a shortish time) - Sikkaflex is superb, but it is white. It is also fairly easy to remove from a hard surface (used in my sailing dinghy - and it lasts years). Check with a good bathroom supplier if they have a clear silicone adhesive type suitable.

Colin