2010 bmw 520 tourer rear camber

jammy

Hey all, ive been given the job of trying to sort kut very negative camber on the rear of m friends 520 estate. I was behind it the other day amd could noticeably see that rear camber sat very negative,it looked very odd when behind it too, didn't look like it cornered right (owner says it dont feel right either) it keeps wreaking tyres on the inner edge like they are going out of fashion?? 

Its not been on for a alingment check yet but was wondering if you have any experience with these? Reads quite common on Google 

Been told its lowwred and got bigger wheels on it too. 

I haven't had time to do anything myself yet, should they be needed i have located adjustable camber arms.. 

I haven't seen one sit this bad before

My friend was quoted £800 for parts labour geo (this is from the garage that set the signum up) im going to slide past there one night on route home and see what the crack is.. If i take it in it might get delt with a bit better 

4 hours ago, jammy said:

What with copper slip? 

No you need grease for poly bushes, can't remember the name now. Those rear arms I had on the Mondeo were really bad when they became dry. Do the arms have a nipple to inject grease in to?

On 08/11/2019 at 18:41, Tony said:
20 hours ago, Tony said:

We use it to stop a bolt seizing in a bushing, it's just a coating.

Yeah i usually dip all bolts in this when reffing. However my astra gave me the hump so much when n changing gearboxes i literally threw it back together :rolleyes:

That will come apart soon though as i want more power so either way another new clutch is required.. 

Back to the beema. Thanks for the all ths input :) looking forward to doing this job..

On 09/11/2019 at 16:28, Tony said:

We use it to stop a bolt seizing in a bushing, it's just a coating.

Exactly, it's an anti seize grease designed for metal on metal. Poly bushes need a silicone based lubricant to stop them squealing. 

Isn't copper grease harmful to rubber so it may even be the same with polyurethane.

Copper grease is normally related to brake pads, working alongside with the caliper piston rubber cover so i doubt it's in conflict. Poly bushes however do need specific anti-friction lubricant but it's not designed to stop sizing more toward anti-squeal.  

On 08/11/2019 at 18:41, Tony said:
On 09/11/2019 at 16:28, Tony said:

17 hours ago, Tony said:

Copper grease is normally related to brake pads, working alongside with the caliper piston rubber cover so i doubt it's in conflict. Poly bushes however do need specific anti-friction lubricant 

So i shave over half off of the original quote (including geo) and im laughed at :huh: my response was carry on replacing rear tyres every two months then :rolleyes:

Why do people have the same cars if they cant afford to maintain them :lol: