Autoaid Breakdown

Rich

We took out a policy with them last year via Groupon. Didn't have to use it and as we've got breakdown included on the insurance now didn't bother to renew it.

This company is really starting to p**s me off with their cold calling, texting, emailing and posting asking me to renew! If I want to renew I'll do it on my terms and won't be pestered in to it. They will never get my custom again after this.

To think I thought the RAC and AA were bad but this is another level!

They phoned me and asked if I was going to renew. I asked if they were recording the call and she confirmed they were, so I let rip. I told her in no uncertain terms that the gorilla they sent out to help when my wife locked the keys in the car caused £2200 of damage to my car. I asked if she could give me any reasonable grounds for spending money on their service again, and she (apparently) knew nothing about it because it wasn't noted on their system. So I said "Make a f**kin note of it then, and in big letters next to it make a note that anyone else who rings me up will get a complete bollocking!"

If you lock your keys in the car, the only way to unlock it is with the spare key or retrieve the first key. Easiest way is smash the rear quarterlight, hook the key, unlock the car, drive home. New window is £65 plus a bit of labour (only slightly more than the Autoaid subscription).

Gorilla turns up and uses steel bars and pry tools to force the rear door open enough to gain access to the rear hatch area. Except he bent the door out of shape, mullered the top of the window frame, bent and dented the roof above the door inquestion, damaged all the trim on the rear hath sliding cover, the rear seat mechanism, the rubber door seals (both bonded to the door frame & window and also removable ones round the door). Autoaid were useless in any way with ansqwering the questions as to how and why it happened and their insurers just informed me that because my wife had signed a blank form on completion that they accepted that as evidence she was happy with the work done. The fact that the disclaimer was supposed to be signed BEFORE any work was done or damage caused was lost to them.

Absolutely useless.

Wife was okay.

That's a pretty horrible experience for your wife Viking and reinforces why I wasn't sure about taking the policy out to start with. They just farm the work out to whoever is nearest.

I've blocked Autoaids number now but still getting texts and emails!