Insurance time again - Hastings

Rich

The Lexus is due the end of this month and I'm putting the Accord back on the road in October. 

Doing quotes for both and Hastings is coming out the cheapest for both through the comparison websites. I've not tried through the cashback ones yet. They're at least £50+ cheaper than a couple of others and £100+ than the rest.

Obviously all insurance companies are good until you need to claim and then you find out just how bad they really are! Has any one used Hastings or are they one to avoid?

I was considering the premier policy for a few quid more as it includes breakdown but that is only roadside. Our recovery is also due this month but I have always preferred to have recovery as a minimum. We are with autoaid but the price seems to have increased a bit!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'll be going with Hastings for both the Lexus and Honda. With cashback (providing it gives a similar quote to the comparison sites) they would be fairly cheap. The cheapest quotes also included People's Choice and Insure Pink - both Hastings companies. I get the feeling they are like Admiral.

Went with Hastings Premier in the end including RAC roadside and recovery. Providing the cashback pays out it works out to be £290.

Last year we had the car insured with the AA and went through top cashback. This was on the missus account but as she doesn't really use it forgot to check it paid out. Unfortunately it was declined and it was too late to submit a ticket. I won't be making that mistake again!