Vauxhall m32 gear box help and advice please

Are gearbox gurus on w.i.m?

Ok so i have an astra sri turbo 200+ on an 06 reg.. Gearbox is shot (whines in every gear and very load) and also been empty of oil for some time. It is fitted with the z20ler engine and a type 2 m32 box.. Ive manage to buy a type 2 m32 box from a 1.6 corsa vxr on an 07 reg... I know the final drive is different to my original box (yes it concerns me a bit) but i need this car back on the road asap now as its the only car that can go back on road easiest.. So my question is will this box fit my engine and will it work with my clutch as the diameter of the clutches are 230mm mine 228mm on the corsa vxr.. If my clutch wont be any good will the corsa vxr flywheel and clutch fit my z20ler engine? If none of this is possible then anyone got a better idea then please advise, if i cant use the box to get it on the road now then i might aswell look at better gearbox options that will aid better mpg over all..
Any advice greatly recieved smile.png

School boy error buying this box and not checking checking the final drives on them (tut tut) ive heard 17 cdti m32 boxes bolt on?

No i know was hoping someone might of had some experience with them. The most problem gearbox within the gm network and everyone has done this and done that or used this box instead but when comes to asking them what they did they seem very unsure or vague as to what they did at the time.. 

I respond with oh so yoir just talkin s*** then :rolleyes:

Sorted, changing the whole gearbox set up :)

Now purchased 

F23 5speed gear box

Matching driveshafts

Gear cables and gearstick

Flywheel and clutch kit all for the z20let astra g 2.0 gsi turbo :)

Oh and i just bagged a set of koni street shockers (orange ones) with h&r springs for it too. 1 year set up and cost £635 new, i paid £95 posted for the kit :)

If my mates ramp is free for a day then ill use that but probably up it on four axle stands out the front of my house S id rather not have to do it all in a day as there is bits i want to alter/tidy/clean first

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:lol: that is a good question mate. Providing everything comes undone as it should (unlike mine) it shouldn't take much more than 5 hours if that,mine required heat on most nuts and bolts, things snapping/breaking ( bad condition water pipes and boost pipes and the oil cooler was brittle and also broke while trying to remove coolant pipea off it) 

So strip out and replace the clutch was day one... 

Day 2 saw to gearbox in and eventually the subframe back on once bolts and things had been replaced but then qe hit the problem of wrong info on the conversion and therefor had to sorce correct engine mounts and  new driveshaft so the car spent a week sat outside a mates workshop.. 

Following Saturday mounts and shaft fitted and then dragged it home to sort exhaust and vibrations out.. (that was the following Saturdays work to do...

Did all that and then had a dilemma of clutch slip to rectify,this went on for quite a while as we was all stumped by this time, turns out the exhaust clamp for the downpipe was restricting the actuator arm from going all the wau home each time(this was creating overboosting and other running issues) as the oem clutchs dont hold much more power then the 200 bhp spec the clutch was slipping anything over 3000rpm as ot was basically running full boost 

Sorted now though. Life with a 5speed ain't ain't to bad tbh. Got longer gear ratio and not constantly changing gear makes it a little better on fuel too.. 

I need to refine the conversion a little as its a bit noisy now and the vibrations when startes from cold is awful so ive got another flywheel to have machined and made good again as its likely yhe flywheel that was on the zafira is infact crap

• 2 weeks later...

Probably quite abit given the amount of extra time it haS taken.

I need a custom rear mount now as the mk4 gearbox bracket is different shaped and rests on the steering rack. 

Might invest in a vibra-technics mount

Now i know the correct parts list etc ots Probably a £1000 job parts and labour depending in how cheap the parts come up at

Ive spent £600 now but thats due to wrong info before the build