Horror of the week 26/ 08/ 19..

Tony

We had a highly modified Mustang in with dire geometry conditions... The main issue was the front toe angle which was so wrong there wasn't enough thread on the steering arms to safely adjust the angle.

What it needed was rack extensions like this

zzxzxRACESRE01.jpg.39e13a6579c0947ae9634bec3bb60f48.jpg

These simply screw onto the steering arm allowing more adjustment.

The owner went back to the company who modified the car and then back to us. What they did mortified us all.

Rather than fit rack extensions they fitted studs directly into the steering rack and if that wasn't bad enough they only screwed them in about five threads as can be seen by the thread lock witness mark.

IMG_1205.JPG.19ec592fcb43a146c81955521b4f4360.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG.adf2dd77d31bb6d74cd4f48745467c0a.JPG

The studs are just mild steel rather than tempered steel but nevertheless the configuration is totally wrong... We got him rack extensions at a cost of £30.... Ponder the thought why did they chance it at such a low cost to correct it.

I totally agree..... We work hard to satisfy our customers and i stand by that or crash and burn. About 1/3 of our work is correcting another company's mistakes and i think that's a terrible percentage. ....... The reason for this is there is no regulated minimal requirement! This means the school-leaver in his/ her first job can set the angles.