Exhaust heat shield fell off!

The missus got home and said there is a terrible rattling noise from the rear of the Lexus. I knew immediately what it would be and sure enough the mount points have corroded on the shield.

So can I use the car without, just how effective are they really? Any ideas on how I could repair it? The 2 holes I can use a washer but it's the ones on the edge I'm not sure about.

IMG_20190620_165300.thumb.jpg.5e61de93be2041360f15ee3e5c6c0da9.jpg

Yeah if it was the cat then I'd definitely get it sorted asap. I had half of it fall off the Accord and needed it strapped back on.

I think the backbox shield is probably to reduced the heat for rear passengers.

I'll try and fix it though. I'm thinking some strong foil trays folded to shape and riveted in place might work.

How funny - the same shield on our CT200 became noisy so we took it in. They replaced it FOC under the extended warranty we had which was nice.

The only thing i'd say is the batteries are in and around that area. Not sure how they will like any additional heat radiation... be careful!.

We don't have a warranty any more but it was only serviced and MOT'd 3 weeks a go, it must've been getting loose then.

I thought the same with the battery but the backbox wasn't even hot when I looked under the car. I'll definitely try and put it back on though.