BMW demand full payment of modified M4....

Tony

I don't see what the problem is. Providing he makes the repayments on time he should be able to do what he likes with the car. If he fails to make the repayments or pay the remaining balance once the finance ends they can still take the car off him. He also likely paid for the modifications with credit too.

I'd agree, this Melt is larging it with a car on finance (and i believe he was telling people he was paid up). He has no business modifying a car that doesn't belong to him, and was even more stupid to plaster it all over you tube!

What is it with the 'yoof' these days trying to make out they are the bollocks, but when in actual fact they haven't got a pot to p**s in. Its all an act as illustrated here. Pathetic.

My wife works in finance dealing with those who default..... It's a tender line between negotiating a payment plan with those who default or reclaim the property.

It seems the last thing they want is the property back, so as a lender they do seem to favour the debtor.

BMW's take on this i initially thought was harsh but on reflection i now actually agree with them. In the return of goods act under 1/3 a default could be sent and the property can be reclaimed but with losses. Over 1/3 a judge will/ could conclude on behalf of return of goods unless contested. Over 50% including interest there's an option to terminate the agreement and the loss is 100% to the debtor but there will be losses to the lender.

Final payment or settlement in full is the only point the borrower owns the property.