Everest.......

I can understand why people like Hillary and Mallory might have wanted to do this.

But there is nothing unknown or special about this any more, really.

There is nothing adventurous or in any real way special or unique.

It is just stupid dangerous for no real gain or sense of achievement (Except perhaps from surviving stupid dangerous I suppose)

They might as well just install a ski lift!....Or a stairway to heaven given the number of deaths recently!

zzz13944782-7069797-His_death_caused_a_queue_to_the_summit_of_the_world_s_tallest_mo-a-7_1558852024229.jpg.37760918f4059a20886a36e561cb10c8.jpg

Saw that pic the other day, I think it's now 11 people have died very recently presumably due to lack of oxygen for a prolonged period, exhaustion, food etc. etc due to queuing at the top like in the Sales.

It's more to do with time spent at the top. Used to be that people climbed to the top then came back down. Now they can't get down because so many are still coming up and blocking the only route. They suffer with cold and exhaustion as a result, or they get caught out by the weather when they should really be well on the way back down.

Then why do it..... I mean for Christ’s sake it's challenging for the experienced climber let alone Mr and Mrs Smith who fancy a climb up the hill!!!! 

I ponder the thought how much money it costs to rescue these "tourists" and who pays for it?

Someone owns the piece of land I live on (me). I guess you also own the piece of land your house is built on, or if not then someone else will do. Just because it's a hill or a mountain it doesn't mean it's free access.

Edit $11000 for the climbing pass. They call it a royalty fee.