Alloy wheel damaged due to poor maintenance

Ged

The front (passenger side) wheel of my T5 started to come off on a fast road, 2 months after a clutch replacement and a spell mainly on my front drive.    The AA man attending made it clear that a sheared wheel nut was the result of the remaining nuts not being previously tightened, and the incident resulted in the (alloy) wheel being damaged around the fractured nut circumference (see picture).   The best the garage who replaced the clutch are offering is a wheel repair but I'm concerned this won't be safe in the long term.   I'd welcome some advice or maybe someone else has experience a similar situation.   I'm prepared to go legal but would like a simpler less time consuming solution.

IMG_5867 damaged wheel.jpg

Yeah IMO I would not want that repaired as I'd imagine doing the nuts/bolts up will weaken it after a while. If the garage were at fault then I'd be seeking a replacement or money for one. Even a used one would be better than a repair.

Welcome to the forum too :)

• Like 1

Thank you, great feedback everyone, and it's echoed 100% everywhere else I've been, including the AA guys who even tried to explain the chemical implications of introducing a new metal into the equation.

• 7 months later...