New services...

Tony

The time has come for us to adapt and future proof our system.

Today's cars are becoming self-aware meaning the car needs to know information about it's place in space. In order to do this we need to inform the car of any changes we have made to the wheels direction. To date this information wasn't required because the tolerances were so vast, now that has changed.

We now need to re-set line deviation systems, forward facing radar, reversing cameras and steering angle censures. It's going to be a mighty sum of money since it will also include a new ramp which we may sink into the ground.

To be continued.........

I wonder what exactly you will need to do with the front facing radar as that is an information gathering device giving readings rather than needs adjustment by it's very nature - I guess the whole speed against distance thing must be calculated in the ecu for it to estimate before more readings come in.

I remember when I had my "geometry" done at the dealer a few years ago  (I use the term geometry very loosely) I had to reset my rear camera angle overlays because it was out slightly.

• 2 weeks later...

New Hunter machine is being fitted tomorrow and then a new ramp in a few weeks time.

We decided to future proof the machine meaning it's able to set steering censors, line deviation and bumper radars. Another move is this time we're having a four-poster ramp rather than a scissor ramp. So £40k later it's a hard call removing the old system that's working perfectly but lacks vision alongside today's cars technology..... Gulp.

Wait for the new ramp which is coming from Germany at the end of the month..... The M235 should be plugged in to set the steering angle sensor in the event a rear toe position is adjusted.

• Thanks 1