I knew something wasn't right

jammy

If it's their own website, they're not likely to publish it, unless it is powered by Google reviews. They may not show it on their site but it will be in Googles reviews?

You can sometimes add to google maps if you search for the business on maps and scroll up (or left pane on a pc/lappy) and you can leave a review. Don't forget Trustpilot too.

If they don't play ball on any form of recompense, get some footage for Youtube (from a public place) and let people know their professionalism. They may then Offer to come to an agreement to take it down. Legally of course, you don't want it to look like bribery.

I do hope you can get some recording of them saying something about the nuts they put on.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2019 at 19:22, Tony said:

Solid advice there Jammy

So I went there today and got my money back for the bolt kit..

he said he will have a chat with the owner regarding money back but has offered to set the car and then check it a couple of times after that to make sure nothing moves again which is good I guess..

On 13/01/2019 at 19:22, Tony said:
13 hours ago, Geoffers said:

Perfect. If you want to pursue it now you have proof of a accepting a degree of responsibility on their part otherwise they wouldn't have refunded you for the bolt kit.

Hopefully the owner will see sense.

I'm doubtful I'll get any money back as they are saying that I went back to have alterations to the setup :huh: noni actually went back the last five times because the settings moved due to these dodgy nuts,sonic expect the. To start being funny about the whole thing now tbh

You have valid points. Is it worth putting it in writing to them? Asking for a response in writing before taking legal proceedings? Sometimes that is enough.

I may be a bit lost here, but you want the money back for the times you had to visit WIM? I guess they will be saying you never gave them chance to put it right, you went to WIM which will be a difficult one to claim against, unless they couldn't do what you needed? (ignoring expertise obv)

If you were paying for the geo in their place and not WIM then you absolutely have a case.

Not sure if it is worth small claims court action but you can make a claim HERE or download the application HERE to show them you are serious. It's £25 to put the claim in online but if it goes to court you'll have to pay more unless you win.

51 minutes ago, Geoffers said:

You have valid points. Is it worth putting it in writing to them? Asking for a response in writing before taking legal proceedings? Sometimes that is enough.

I may be a bit lost here, but you want the money back for the times you had to visit WIM? I guess they will be saying you never gave them chance to put it right, you went to WIM which will be a difficult one to claim against, unless they couldn't do what you needed? (ignoring expertise obv)

If you were paying for the geo in their place and not WIM then you absolutely have a case.

Not sure if it is worth small claims court action but you can make a claim HERE or download the application HERE to show them you are serious. It's £25 to put the claim in online but if it goes to court you'll have to pay more unless you win.

Noni had to go back 5 or more times after one of their staff didn't put any heat on my camber bolts and sheered them off..this opened up the nightmare that's been going on..they replaced the bolts but didn't order the nuts aswell so used standard nuts which kept coming loose and the geometry moved each time..but seeing as I was getting The set up do e cheap and for cash I payed them each time as they said it must due to the car settling down with the new suspension and up and down on The jack while checking stuff..but as it turns out the standard nuts was stripping themselves of thread which also ruined one of the new bolts and damaged the other..

42 minutes ago, NickT said:

Did you pay with a credit card? If you did then call them up and use their services in recovering the money. 

No mate £40 a pop back handers so no proof of purchase anyway

Well I'll have to get them to atleast measure the car seeing as things will be disturbed now...I'm not in a position to have a day off and head to Tony again ATM.i might see if they will compromise and let me do the geo (least I know everything is done up properly for start.

It's certainly the month for cars giving me agro :arrowhead: first the bolts saga now my battery is totally gone and I have a puncture :( loosing 25 psi in 24 hours..looks like already empty wallet is coming out shopping with me Saturday then!

Yeah got it done earlier mate screw in the centre ..... Robbed the battery of the honda as it's not much lower in figures as the current one and the Laguna one is suitable for the honda too so I'll charge that up an use that :cigar:

• 2 weeks later...

"UPDATE" 

IVe decided that I really CBA p**sin in the wind trying to get any cash back,it will start getting complicated I reckon...

Cars going in to be measured and see what numbers I put everything after the new bolts etc on the rear arm's...

I quite like how it drives since with only slight tramlining and slight left wondering that problems me..done a few 100 miles none and tyr s don't seem stressed out or any heavy tread wear so I'm hoping to balance out what ever settings it's closest to now and hopefully be close to the money :) ..the main guy ther is happy to set it to what ever I ask for,he   is also happy to  have it back a few times and fine tune it also..

Two weeks :unsure: maybe 3 now since I replaced the bolts nuts and washers and drives exactly the same now as it tldid that day,I also marked them all and none have moved :) (someone tell me why I gave up my work shop :huh: :rolleyes: )  

anyway I shall report back soon :)

Cars been I. And adjusted.. 

I was cheeky and took a brand new set of scales and weighed the big bottles they had as weights.. Apparently they weigh 35kg,in actual fact they only weighed 15kg,so it's never been set with the right weight in it for starters, how ever it was done with 10kg more due to time scale and lack of other bottles to make up a suitable weight.. 

The front end twitching is minimal now (I'm putting some of it down to my knackard driveshaft.. 

I will link a pic of the print out soon. I've been on a quick 10mile drive and it feels OK so far.. I'm taking it to work tomorrow so I'll soon know.. He is happy to make more adjustments if need be to get the car driving like it use to again.. Gone for less rear toe but this increased the camber a fraction, think I need to invest in some adjustable arms/offset bushes as I do t like the look of the rear camber.. Might go up 10mm yet just so I can get the camber less aggressive 

Two things about the ballast.....

1: If the cars been lowered then you don't add the OEM suggested weights

2: The Hunter asks for the body height and releases the target datum for that height. If the car is too high because it's out of that range then i would add weight if not..... then not.

2 hours ago, jammy said:

Couldn't you get someone to fabricate those? Alot of money for  metal plates with holes.

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Couldn't you get someone to fabricate those? Alot of money for  metal plates with holes.

Yeah possibly mate but I can't be bothered with time that could take to find someone

12 hours ago, Tony said:

Two things about the ballast.....

1: If the cars been lowered then you don't add the OEM suggested weights

2: The Hunter asks for the body height and releases the target datum for that height. If the car is too high because it's out of that range then i would add weight if not..... then not.

We did it with no preload before and it made the car behave very badly and steering never sat level