I knew something wasn't right

jammy

So the saga continues! 

After a lot of head scratching and atleast 5 pointless trips for geo I've worked out what's happening..

Every time I went back to get the car measured as I wasn't happy with the car ( kept loosing it's it's settings) ie rear camber had always moved from where it was set to,which also results in wrong toe readings with the only answer being the suspension is still settling and readjusted accordingly...

I paid a visit to to Tony October/November time and all though the readings for the rear were very slightly different as to how it was left a short time before all was good with just a very small adjustment on the front toe..

About 4 months ago the rear nuts and camber bolts was replaced with new items but they never ordered the nuts specific to what was needed so they fitted  standard nuts with lock washers,was assured this will be as good as factory and went on. To fit them and alignment was carried out..

First couple of times revisiting for a fine tune I was expecting but it has been on the machine 6 times since then and the rear camber and toe has moved each time anywhere from 20 miles up to 400 miles and had to go back,each time resulting in me paying once again. To be sorted..as I was only paying £40 a go I wasn't to bothered at first....

I fitted new track rod ends two weeks ago and off I went to the same place to get it alinged again..all seemed well when I left there,drove to London the day after (which was Nye) and after about 30 miles of motorway driving the car felt like it was starting to feel very sloppy and not driving right at all..

Drove home the next day and the car was horrible,steering off to the left and having to hold it quite firm To keep it in check.some times it was ok..

Turns out the nuts sent quite right and have slowly worked loose and the camber arms move about.this has ruined the thread on The bolts and also stripped all the thread off of the nuts..

Sorry for the epic Post but it looks like o may be left with a £30 bill for parts more of my time fitting them and yet again another trip on the geo machine and quite frankly I'm not prepared to fork out for this wh n they should of got the right nuts for the job? It was There fault The nuts sheered off in the first place too...I've probably wasted a good £200 quid in pointless Geo's as the post things keep loosing up enough for the washers to move and knock out the geo..

Royaly ****ed right off now

A nylock would of been better id say..they put some funky Lock washer on that had teeth both sides but I expect it just got crushed after its first use..

I've ordered the correct nuts bolts and washers (all genuine items) and I shall be expecting them to foot the bill for them for starters...

I am going to push for most of the money back I have e spent on geo with them too, it's the car settling they keep saying! :unsure: I think they need to sit a few corses Etc as it's more apparent than before that they are clueless and guess working the whole process

Yeah that's them mate.. couldn't remember the name..the blame sits on thier lap with that then....they was fitted a few months back and the chassis has been set either 5 or six times since..one Time is because I fitted new track rods and every time it has been on the machine the rears have been way out..

I'm not impressed at all with this as if been left on disbelief each time and thinking I've done something wrong while carrying out work on it ...

I know my car very well and I know when it's not right!! 

The hardest bit will be keeping my cool while I am in there sorting this out :rolleyes:

Before you draw blood, is there any way you can set your phone to voice record, then try to have the conversation about the alternative nuts? Or at least somehow getting someone in there to mention them? Then you will have it on record then if it ever goes legal. (recording a voice conversation isn't illegal, it's what you do with it afterwards that matters. Absolutely nobody else can hear it other than a civil/criminal judge). You will also have more bargaining power then. You can let them know you have it recorded but you can only let the original person that said it hear it to keep it legal if they want you to prove it.

If they suspect you will be wanting a few hundred back, they may deny ever putting alternatives on in the first place. 

Went to the garage..they said they will order and pay for the bolts,I've already ordered them so I'll hit them with the bill for those,he also said they will do the geo for free and also check it again a few weeks later to make sure all is good which is great!

That still doesn't make up for the 200 quid I've wasted since they changed the nuts and bolts though :unsure:

i couldn't record the conversion due to having to show them the pictures of took but I don't think I'm going to get any problems out of them..

Gave the lad who was left to do the geo last week a very calm peice of my mind too (with no swearing either) I was quite proud of myself with that tbh :lol:

wipl update once I've received new nuts bolts and washers and been there for geo once again

I have Android mate but couldn't find a voice recorder on it..

Im half tempted to get my money forthe new bolt kit and cut my losses .I can get the car driving well by eye and a bit of measuring and wait till I can get up to Tony at some point soon..

And leave a crap review against their name..I'm not spending another how ever many months dicking about with this now! 

Aye there is no trust at all now..only time I need someone else to do stuff is tyres alingment and MOTs other that tony,anyone else who touches my cars manage to royaly c**k it up!..

This is the second time one of there so-called mechanics have broken my car...

I shall discuss the matter further when I go back  there..

Just downloaded a sound recorder..

I shall try and record next convo..

It's all well and good them offering to do the work for nothing but that still leaves me £200 or more out of pocket right?

I'd view the work as an "unsafe defect" as the incorrect locking technique / parts weren't used, so you shouldn't have had to pay for subsequently rectification work.

If you can photograph the lock washers in sit now and when it gets up on the ramp with the company logo in the picture of they have it on the wall. A walk around video is even better. 

It's a shame you've had to go like this and it just shows the professionalism you get at other places like WIM.

I have the car dismantled and ready to for new nut bolts etc soon as they turn up..there are not touching my car at all other than to set the alingment,tbh I'm not even sure if I'm happy about that now either..

Basically I want the cost of the new parts refunded and I want if not all of the money spent on alignments done since they replaced the bolts when they sheered them off or atleast £120 seeing as the first time round it had to be done anyway regardless of them snapping the bolts and because I needed it going after new track rod ends were fitted,but at the same time the 2 times that I actually needed it doing They still broke my car on both occasions

That is annoying! They just put standard run of the mill nuts on mine..the proper ones aren't quite round in side the nut/thread which aids them staying tight I believe..

All changed now,could of got away with fitting correct nuts but the tread was damaged on one bolt so I wasn't prepared to take the risk..

Still need more adjustment though..looking at offset bushes for the top control arm inner bushes so I can push the camber out at the top..

Let's hope so mate..

Yeah I am very disappointed in the revelation of the pony nuts been used rather then fitting/doing the job properly..

I won't hesitate in putting people off going ther that's for sure..they can make things right again and still leave me happy enough to go back for future geo's but as it stands I'm not sure I even want the car on their ramps again,

New nuts bolts and washers fitted 

I've settled rear by eye (naughty I know) but I'll be honest in saying it drives much better than before hand..I'm not sure I want the garage to do anymore to my car after this..I might let them messure it and give me a print out as I'd be interested to know the readings now..

I want the cost of the new bolts etc covered and I'm going to push for a most of my money back and drive back up to Tony in a month or so