How far could you go?.......

Tony

Well, generally it is but some little bits aren't quite the same. The spec is so complex, where they can they make their own enhancements. Some poeple exploit those enhancements which of course would';t work on another browser that had them. However, it's not Chromein this case as I use chrome and I always have a few versions for testing and it works on previous 

I wonder if it's an add-in causing it? (It's not uBlock, I have that too, although I do have WIM excluded.) If you haven't tried already, open the thread in incognito mode -  the extensions will be disabled. Try it and see if that makes a difference.

• Like 1

We know disabling extensions allow it to work, so try going into extensions and disable half of them. If it works, we know it's one of those. If not, re-enable and disable the other half. Keep doing that - you will come to see which one it is very quickly doing it this way.

I think outside of Avast which integrates with the OS, you should only need to restart the browser. Sometimes you get lucky and only need to refresh the page

I use Avast and it's ok so mustn't be in it's central database.

When on this thread, if you click on the Avast icon in the top right - there is an option to rate the page and below it, block elements. I have Facebook there with an option to block. Is yours blocked somehow and you can select to unblock?