Hay you super web surfers I need you?....

Tony

I'm trying to find one of these for the 360

zzxa1_567ba9da-9a17-4d20-a475-e84e83dc84f0_570x570_crop_top.png.b4dc4aa9f999bdebb2cd687b8cacf30a.png

It's a center console for my MR2 MK3 ZZW30. The one in the image doesn't work in the link but the main one i see is provided by a company called DWM and listed on ebay. Problem i have is i cannot understand the postage cost which looks to cost as much as the product.

The difference between this and the OEM console is the front hugs around the lower dash rather than this EOM one

zxzxzs-l1600.thumb.jpg.7a1d88a44547de77660cd092d9d622c2.jpg

A while back i nearly bought one for about £250 but the delivery cost was £350.... Needless to say i opted out real fast.

32 minutes ago, SMARTLY said:

Post the links Tony to the ones you have found.

I have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/cln/zharly/mr2/252726762013

This one is cheap> https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271355790187?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Problem with this one is i can't work out the postage cost?

You definitely won't get your money back and if you're selling the car in 6 months is it worth it? What's the difference between the two apart from the front?

I'd rather spend the money on fuel and enjoy it while you still have it but that's just me :)

3 hours ago, Tony said:

I think that will still have P&P and duty on top plus i can't pay by paypal.

Clearly says including delivery. Customs would be subject to any you would buy from anywhere outside the EU.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

It's compulsive i think.....I've gone so far it's hard to stop. 

It's similar to when you are doing a house up to sell - you go overboard with things new owners would probably never even notice let alone appreciate.

Is it really going to make such a big difference to even act as a selling point?

I think you've probably had the car off the road more or been busy modifying parts than you actually have using it. I'd finish the parts you've started and then just enjoy the car until you sell it.

Like Geoff said whoever buys it won't be worrying about what the centre console looks like. How much do you think you'll get for the car cos looking at eBay prices I think it will be less than you're expecting? It could also take you very long time as the potential buyers will be very limited.

Part of the enjoyment is the build.... I'm not worried about competing in a sellers market because I'm not a desperate seller. When the sun shines and the roof goes down the price goes up, so I'll wait until i get my asking price albeit next year or the year after.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Part of the enjoyment is the build.... I'm not worried about competing in a sellers market because I'm not a desperate seller. When the sun shines and the roof goes down the price goes up, so I'll wait until i get my asking price albeit next year or the year after.

If you enjoy working on it then there's no problem

If you enjoy doing it then that's fair enough IF you are willing to accept the money you will lose when it comes to selling. You keep questioning whether you'll make your money back or hoping that some of these mods will add value to the car so it's obviously an important factor for you.

Couldn't you take the original one and get someone to fabricate the end on, surely that will cost less?