BMW M235i

liner33

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Tony said:

The stance looks excellent, and it will drop some more because the Eibachs are cold rolled.... What were the down lighters like to fit?

Downlighters easy I needed to trim the recess with a knife but they are plug and play but springs harder than I thought , lining the rear hub back up was awkward 

14 hours ago, Tony said:

Your too young..... KIT was the car from Knight rider series. A Saturday night willy moment for us young kiddies.

I'm an 80s kid, of course I remember Knight Rider, I was obsessed with it. I had the RC KITT car and I think I had the watch too.

Its nothing as dramatic as that lets be honest here , they are like the Audi ones , but the main reason I fitted them was they are black rather than clear , also got a set for my Octavia as a kid driving too fast on a country road about three years ago clouted the mirror and cracked the lens and its started to let in water and turn green, its cheaper to buy a pair of these than one Skoda one ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of little jobs 

The car went for its BMW service and mot last week (Its on a service plan paid for by previous owner so only had to fork out for mot) , it had pollen filter, air filter, spark plugs and oil and filter (Wouldnt have liked to pay for that lot) 

The car had a factory fit phone kit , the type that clips your phone in , I was never going to use that as it wasnt for my phone and took up a lot of space in the centre console , so removed it all (First couple are library pics and not mine hence LHD)

Remove-phone-cradle%201_zpshnlh9ltq.jpg

Remove-phone-cradle%2016_zpsn9tlhxyx.jpg

Leaving this (First couple are library pics and not mine hence LHD)

Remove-phone-cradle%2015_zpsbzufuopq.jpg

A little jiggery pokery with the wiring to fit an extra usb for my ipod , I made a little foam frame to hold it securely 

20190211_105354_zpsjyiafnz9.jpg

Then made up a cover and trimmed it with black audio cloth 

20190211_105344_zps3cendcja.jpg

Voila , no cables and more space 

Next up fitted a new set of number plates and detailed the paint 

Light correction with PO85RD and Rupes Green pad 
Wiped down with Envy Filler Killer
Polish again with TAC Total One and Rupes Yellow pad 
Applied two coats of TAC Moonlight 

20190211_110102_zpsk6zhwbqw.jpg

20190211_110137_zpshnxy5nu8.jpg

20190211_110220_zps8tdbxu0z.jpg

20190211_110251_zpsy445skmn.jpg

• 1 month later...

Picked up a carbon rear spoiler , new titanium, blue exhaust tips , and M performance rear diffuser 

osRTNa2.jpg

Also fitted the M performance side skirts 

wXtafPx.jpg

Off for a set of tyres this afternoon and getting the chrome window trim wrapped in black tomorrow