MX5 NC Sprint / hillclimb car geometry

jonpr

Hi Tony

I'm running and MX5 NC in sprints and hillclimbs using the attached geometry. The car runs with ride heights at approximately 335mm wheel centre to arch front and rear. I'm using Meister CRD coilovers all round with 7kgs front and 5kgs rear together with adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars. My problem is that the car still seems to be very tail happy when getting back on the power. Is this just my poor driving technique (likely) or are my settings wrong?

Thanks for your input

KEX 2018 alignment settings.pdf

Hello and welcome

The settings are directed to oversteer quite aggressively, i mean the front cambers are near to where i would set drift cars in the BDC. If you are still on a learning curve in hill/ sprint it would be wise to set the chassis more neutral and tune from there.

When we set cars for track the initial set-up is normally the base. I know how the car will handle for that particular formula and from there we fine-tune according to the driver's feedback. Domestically for cars like the 5 we apply known set-ups because the only variable is the human.