Smartly's Toyota C-HR Blog

SMARTLY

Well I ordered through Auto-e-bid who put me in touch with an independent car broker that just happened to be in my town who order cars directly from the manufacturer.

Thought I'd do a timeline:

• 30th August ordered
  • 31st August call from broker and put down £250 deposit, car ordered
  • 7th September order confirmed and paperwork received
  • 25th September called broker for update, car is shipping, expected delivery at dealer 2nd November ( not sure what route it takes from Turkey ) but it expects it sits in docks both ends
  • 25th September added Superguard paint, wheel and interior treatment to be applied by receiving dealer at a good price ;)

5 hours ago, SMARTLY said:

Well I ordered through Auto-e-bid who put me in touch with an independent car broker that just happened to be in my town who order cars directly from the manufacturer.

Thought I'd do a timeline:

• 30th August ordered
  • 31st August call from broker and put down £250 deposit, car ordered
  • 7th September order confirmed and paperwork received
  • 25th September called broker for update, car is shipping, expected delivery at dealer 2nd November ( not sure what route it takes from Turkey ) but it expects it sits in docks both ends
  • 25th September added Superguard paint, wheel and interior treatment to be applied by receiving dealer at a good price ;)

I like the look of these cars. What colour did you order?

Blue, the old blue not the new lighter colour.

Spec is - Toyota C-HR Dynamic with 1.8l hybrid engine, Nebula blue bi-tone ( blue with black roof ), with premium upgrade which is leather seats and JBL sound upgrade.

Tony it's similar, that's the car but mine has black roof, matt black wheels and a bit more black :0 Looks like that one has been squashed down too.

image.png

Dealers said Toyota don't let them discount the C-HR, although one or two offered a bit off.

I would have put a paint protection on myself anyway, like I've done on my last two cars, but cost was less than half what I'd paid previously so happy with that. I have had Supaguard before on a couple on my Lexus cars so know it's not perfect but with the Toyota self healing paint thought it was worth it.

The dealer fixed on price was true, I got figures from two and they just would not discount the new car even when I walked away.

• 1 month later...

Well bit of a long story this.

Thursday took Focus to garage that were buying it, they didd bank transfer and took me home. Did online check of account and no money. Tried again later but realised it was too late to call them. Woke up at 4am with a migraine, got up and took some paracetamol and checked my account, no money. Bit stressed now and stayed awake all night. Called the garage in the morning and spoke to the accountant who had made the transfer and their bank had put a random security stop on it. wtf ? They cleared status and money was with me within two hours.

Meanwhile had a call from Toyota dealer and they confirmed they were delivering car to me by 11:390. car arrived, quick check round and all seemed OK. Looked in boot for Supagard pack and nothing. Spoke to the driver and he said well it's not on the orde5r. Got him to call his people. They had used Protech allegedly as they don't use Supagard. So where's the evidence, after-care pack, warranty? I spoke to the guy and told him this and he said he would talk to the supplying company of the car to me. Well I got in first and he wasn't happy either, whilst talking to him the guy from the Toyota dealer called him so I heard one half of the conversation. Seems there is no proof ...................... so it wasn't applied was it. I'd already inspected paint and leather and didn't think it had been done, didn't even feel as good as wax !! Tell tell sign was the rear wheels which had accumulated dirt which was a struggle to wipe off with my finger.

Anyway the guy supplying me has been very good about it and is getting a full Supagard kit and employing a detailer to re-treat the car in and out and will be sending the bill to the Toyota dealer.

So car is here and I'm happy, been on a few little runs and it drives nicely. Graphics on satnac are a bit naff but otherwise everything seems good.

No pics until it's all been re-prepped and retreated - hopefully this week.

So i've scanned through the user manual nearly 200 pages and got a copy alread of the .pdf which is nearly 800 pages so in the morning I'll do some of the settings. It's got so many features it will take ages. Radar, BSM ( blind spot mirror ) which is working and brilliant .. too many to list here.

That would've been a worry with the bank transfer. I would've checked on my phone there and then for that amount of cash. At least it got sorted easily enough.

Is this your first hybrid, I can't remember? How are you finding it?

If the sat nav graphics are the same as the Lexus then they're not great TBH. The BMW is much better with the idrive.

I trusted the garage but was still concerned.

Yes, my first hybrid apart from test drives at some of the Lexus events. It's fine, only weird thing is now rev counter, you have a power meter instead which shows how much of the petrol engine power you are taking plus also whether you are in ECO mode or charge mode.

I seem to remember the Lexus cars I had back 2003 to about 2009 were better graphics but hey ho.