Smartly's Toyota C-HR Blog

SMARTLY

So it’s up on Carwow tomorrow, Saturday & Monday I’ve put a healthy reserve so let’s see what bids I get ( if any ). I’m taking out finance on the new one for 2 months for the contribution of £2250 from Toyota so time isn’t so important …..

Well mines on sale with them today, had an email early on just phishing to see if I wanted to buy a new car without bidding on mine. But not had any bids, do you get them as they happen or at close at 3:30 ? Thought I’d get some low ballers early on

40 minutes ago, SMARTLY said:

Had a few low ballers to start !!!

We’ll best price today is £24964, my reserve is £27k so see how it goes the next two days 🤞

Not far off the reserve then, hopefully you get some more bids. Carwow sounds better to use than Motorway though!

Just been looking at the offers I’ve had from CarWow and looks like they are not bids from dealers but CarWow have screen scraped my cars details to online car buying sites

So I looked at the website for the place with the highest offer yesterday but not thinking of selling to them. Reviews were appalling, offer less than was agreed, wanted mire pictures etc. Put in my reg and details and got same offer, but it didn’t ask for condition or mileage ? There offer on CarWow was for fair condition ? Would rather sell it to dealer for trade.

Lets see what happens on CarWow today, I’ve reduced reserve by £500 which is now less than CarWow recommended reserve .   …….

Well, CarWow was excellent for buying a car but for selling a car they’ve been a joke.

It started off as. 3 working days auctions from 8 to 3:30 each day and you have until 20pm to accept a bid. First day started ok but they extended auction until 10pm. I reduced reserve by £1k second day went the same, I didn’t notice but at some point reserve went back up ? Then yesterday was the same 8am until 10pm. Got up this morning and I’d had an email at 23:45 to say I’d had another bid but as it was after 10pm I couldn’t review or accept it 😢 What’s the point ? 

Did have a call this morning to ask me if I wanted them to try and increase the bid. So I said yes but didn’t hear back from them. I did have an email on Friday from them asking me if I wanted them to try and increase a bid, I replied yes and said hoe

much by but never had either acknowledgement or reply

That doesn't sound good.

What's the offer from WBAC, is it a lot less? It was much easier to go there, they look around the car and then the money was in the bank 5 minutes later!

I think this is a reflection of how the market is changing. I have been watching a few videos on the US markets and where they were two months ago is where we are now ie lots of dealers with large amounts of inventory unsold and depreciating 

Less demand = low prices and dealers having to be very cautious 

I think you're right, less people are ordering new cars or even buying used so demand is definitely down.

Out of interest I just did a WBAC quote for the Lexus we sold to them. Sold it for £7k, a month later we could've got £8k but they're now offering £7.5k. I'm surprised by that for a 12 year old car but they're obviously still very popular with zero VED and being cheap to run.