Smartly's Toyota C-HR Blog

SMARTLY

On 27/11/2018 at 11:36, SMARTLY said:

One thing with the car that is cool it has downlighters in the mirrors and as you approach lights up and display "Toyota C-HR" on the floor :)

The Lexus has lights under the wing mirrors but no wording. That's pretty cool though B)

Who did you buy the camera from, is it included in the 15% off eBay offer?

34 minutes ago, SMARTLY said:

Bought from 99pdvdplayers, not sure if it's in the 15% offers.

Thanks. Unfortunately not in the offer but they have some good ones on their shop. What grade was yours? Only issue is they're in white boxes so might not be able to give it as a gift.

Just finished daylight test run and well impressed. Night is a bit glarey with the lights so may need to adjust the settings a bit.

Only thing I need to do is adjust the position as the rear view which is telephoto is currently blocking part of the rear screen with passenger headrest.

On view on the camera is shows video in video ( switches off after about a minute ) and on SD card it's separate videos for front and back, so that's good :)

Pics or videos to follow .............

Had a call from the valeter 30 minutes ago and he's still working on the car, that's 8 hours so far. Sounds like he is a perfectionist and has done some paint enhancement first. Should be back later as he has a large well lit, heated garage with lamps.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I changed the other one after a year as I saw a special edition I liked. Old one had only done 3000 miles.

So the new one is called Orange Edition, I've had it two years ( just serviced ) and it's only done 2,500 mile. Really nice car and it's 2 litre so a bit more fun :)

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

• Like 1

I think its the same engine as the Lexus UX that we have, I think they share the same Corolla platform , my wife loves it , i find the bleeps very annoying as it seems to bleep at me all the time :) but its very easy to drive and great for long trips. Ours is almost 3 years old now and 20k on it , trouble free apart from what sounds like a wheel bearing on the front wheel but its probably a stone behind the disc 

Much prefer the 2.0 and improved gearbox only criticism is that's its smaller in the rear and boot than the Prius 

dkPyucwh.jpg

FO8MxcOl.jpg