Test drove one of these yesterday

SMARTLY

Well I've been offered some good prices by brokers for a new car, factory order. saving over £3800. So just need to work out what the 12 to 14 week wait will cost me on my car devaluation, service, MOT etc. To see what is going to be best deal for me ..... or do I go for the new Ford |Focus out September?

17 hours ago, Geoffers said:

ha yeah - would get more positive attention than white noise or a horn

How things change. I can remember a whole series of adverts from Rolls Royce boasting about how quiet they were. It included one that claimed that the ticking of the clock was the loudest noise you would hear.

Well I'm half way through ordering one as in the picture plus leather and JBL sound system. Dealers couldn't come close. Factory order with delivery end of October -ish. Through a broker, so will sell mine probably through "wewant", "webuy" or local Ford dealer when the time comes.

They are in demand, saw one advertised today used for £500 less than new. Engine is built in north Wales, transmission in Poland and rest of car and assembly in Turkey and it's a Japanese car !!

9 hours ago, SMARTLY said:

Well I'm half way through ordering one as in the picture plus leather and JBL sound system. Dealers couldn't come close. Factory order with delivery end of October -ish. Through a broker, so will sell mine probably through "wewant", "webuy" or local Ford dealer when the time comes.

Nice one :D

Hybrids are definitely the way forward and more people are buying into them.

Unfortunately CarWow and Toyota doesn't work. Local dealer said if I got a price from CarWow he would match it. Toyota do not allow their dealers to discount the C-HR ( allegedly ). But with three goes I managed to get an offer of £1400 off. Called my local dealer and to say the least it was a complete shambles. Firstly saying he would match it and match what I wanted for p/ex, I asked to confirm spec. and he said oh no we haven't included that. What? That's the spec. of the car we have been discussing. He said forget this conversation ... called em back and he wanted £1800 to do a deal. No chance.

I'll say who I have gone with when it's all confirmed hopefully later today.

That's unfortunate but at least you found someone who can supply one which is good news. Very annoying when dealers do that.

Quite a few dealers made offers on the Lexus side, apart from my own. I had a price and said if they matched it I would sign there and then. My dealer got annoyed saying "it doesn't work like this. You negotiate with us and we agree. You don't go around pitting us against each other." and she walked away!

Sorry, high-jacking again.

I love the looks of the C-HR , I did hear a lot of owners having issues with them last year , probably just the usual teething troubles that any new model have but worth looking into. Our Prius has been very good and wife still loves it , in fact fancies a plug in version next  

When I bought my Octavia the local dealer was hopeless , found via Carwow a dealer in Southampton who was much keener to do a good deal, it doesn't matter where you buy it in the end. 

I'm not sure Carwow is that good anymore I have put out feelers for two cars recently the new Civic Type R and a BMW M140i , getting reasonaly quotes on the latter but not offered any deals on the Honda , list price only 

All ordered.

I dealt through "auto-e-bid" and they put it out to an independent supplier who just happens to be in my town and the guy I spoke to lives about 200 metres from me - small world :) 

Worth trying auto-e-bid for a price liner33.