New Forum

8 minutes ago, P4UL T said:

It dont work for me

What's the file size? If it's more than 2mb it won't upload and you will have to resize it using an app. I use photo and picture resizer for Android but if you have an Apple phone I'm sure there's a similar one.

If the filename is too long it also won't upload, which is the problem I had and the filename is what the phone gave it.

So now we've had a few days to get used to the updated forum do any of you have issues still?

Is there anything you don't like that I could look at changing if it's possible? I think the standard theme is a little bland so I'm looking for another one to try.

The only issue I've got is this activity feed and reading online alot have complained about it. I've changed the default option to show new content by topics only rather than the default setting of posts. The trouble is you can't change the setting to list just topics for all read content, it does it by post. If a topic has a lot of posts it could make it annoying.

On 7/26/2018 at 2:52 PM, P4UL T said:

Make sure its ice cold

I will if I can find it, looked in Tesco's today but they had none.

I agree the activity page is hard work.... Before the topics were listed by activity but under one heading whereas here they are listed by reply. Before i could watch a topic for weeks and then reply but in this format the thread could get lost.

Weird one this.

If you do a search ( which seems to work quite well now ) and you find a topic you posted last on ....... it doesn't let you reply but gives you a window with what you posted last which you can then edit :( See Rain topic.

23 minutes ago, SMARTLY said:

I just use the Unread Activity page ( got that set on my bookmark ) and it seems to work OK for me. Goes straight to first unread post on each topic.

I just did that and it's way better but it didn't show today's content.... But if you click "expand content" on the top right you then get everything.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I agree the activity page is hard work.... Before the topics were listed by activity but under one heading whereas here they are listed by reply. Before i could watch a topic for weeks and then reply but in this format the thread could get lost.

You can create and save custom activity searches and have a range of settings you can alter.

I've changed the unread content one to show new posts since last visit by topics only and not posts, which is working well.

I've also just created a 12 months content activity stream that shows all topics from the last year, read and unread.

If you choose all activity then it lists everything by post rather than topic, which does make finding things long winded.

1 hour ago, SMARTLY said:

Weird one this.

If you do a search ( which seems to work quite well now ) and you find a topic you posted last on ....... it doesn't let you reply but gives you a window with what you posted last which you can then edit :( See Rain topic.

I don't seem to have that problem. Once you've found the topic and opened it is there no reply box at the bottom?

Yes, so to post you have to edit ........... seems weird......

I tried to set up an Unread Content with 365 days changed to since I last visited site, saved it but it comes back the same. What am I doing wrong?

I'll have a look at the settings it might be a permissions problem. If you find the topic without searching is the reply box there?

I think I had an issue saving new streams on the desktop version but on the mobile one they saved. If you look at he one I set up you can see what options I chose.

It's been a few days now and I'm not so sure i like the way new and old content is displayed.... Depending on how you view the main page the content is either broken into separate replies with a confusing timeline or broken into separate replies by date. Personally i prefer the main page listed by reply showing hits and number of replies within. This information offers a visual clue to the content ie: 100 views, 50 replies.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Under the default streams choose the 12 month content one. I've set it to show them as topics only, not by posts so should be similar to what we had before.

That's the one I use and have my shortcut set to - I like that. 

50 minutes ago, Geoffers said:

That's the one I use and have my shortcut set to - I like that. 

I think unread topics should be highlighted bold and anything unread will be the first post you see once the topic is opened.

Ah OK, didn't know those were there !!

having said that display is same as me going to unread except yours displays all topics anyway even if they have been read, but marks them differently.

9 hours ago, Rich said:

I'm on my phone so not sure of the steps to find it on the desktop skin until I get on the laptop but it's under activity streams.

This one - https://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?/discover/9/

That's the one Rich.....Ahhhh i have me old activity page back :thumbsup_anim: