Can anyone suggest why?.....

Tony

To get this look must have took £loads but for the life of me i can't think why anyone would do this?...The tyres would be virtually un-drivable, obviously the car isn't road legal, you need a 5ft ladder to get in/ out so what's the point?

post-2-0-63517700-1527539748.jpg

Technically in the UK. As long as 75% of the Tyre is underneath the wheelarch / body work it is legal.

The USA have very odd laws. In places it's not illegal to drive around without a bonnet

Headlight aim is part of an MOT and what was all that fuss about the rear lights on the Ferrari LaFerrari being part of the lifting boot in the US.

Type approval type regulations are different to mot type regulations . There is no requirement for headlamps to even be fitted and they dont need to use the machine they can use a wall to ensure they work and dont dazzle 

I find it crazy lights are not part of the MOT in the US..

I didn't say that 1) It has lights 2) If it didn't have lights it would not necessarily be illegal 3) Whats legal in one state may not be legal in another and vice versa 

Lights are only inspected in the UK mot if fitted , no lights is perfectly fine I have had motorcycles on the road with no headlamp

Bottom line is you cant assume that something is legal or illegal based on a picture you need more information 

Agreed US codes are an utter gamble at best... I know in the UK if the vehicle had lights then they are subject to the MOT parameter.. Say something like cars built before 1940 they are exempt but if fitted within the year frame they have to work.