MX5 1990 Coilovers

Rodney

Hi I am looking for some advice regarding the best and most economic set up for my Eunos. It's currently on an aftermarket set installed before it left Japan and the ride is as hard as nails and not very stable. I am not looking for anything to sophisticated as I only want something comfortable yet capable of fast motoring around the Welsh lanes. No point in an adjustable set up as it's not going to be tracked. Budget £4-500.

Thanks

Rodney

Hello Rodney and welcome to the forum

In Japan they tend to use Tien which have terrible coil rates... Your budget confines you to quite restricted market and i think coilovers which are only height adjustable would be cheaper than dampers with lowering coils.

There was a group buy in MX5 NUTS a while back, i know that because we fitted a few sets but for the life of me i can't remember what make they were..It might be worth you doing a search there...OEM by the way will cost more than high end coil overs so forget about them.

I would say yes.... The group buy on the ebay coilovers we fitted some and the box they came in weighed more than the coilovers...So that gives you an idea of quality. Meister R' s are market leaders and cheap to-boot.. There would also be a re-sale value when it comes to selling the car... As they say "buy once buy right".