Is it worth doing?

Many years ago I had an alignment done by Tony on my MX5, and I was amazed at the difference it made.

Now, however, I'm behind the wheel of a 2013 Volvo V40 1.6 D2, and I'm wondering whether it's worth the journey to WIM from Sussex, as I've been told that it's very limited adjustment available on this car.

I recently purchased the Volvo which has done over 130,000 miles, the steering wheel is just off centre when wheels are pointing straight and the tyres are mismatched, so I'm looking to replace them, possibly for something like Michelin Cross Climate+ (or open to other suggestions).

Thoughts and advice?

Hello and welcome...

The chassis is reasonably adjustable and the OEM datum is very good ( for once )...Many manufactures in the real world get it wrong.

The trip from Sussex is a mighty commitment but protecting your investment ( the tyres ) is worth it I think.

As for tyres....They are a very personal thing but the Cross Climate+ has a really good pedigree right through the marques.

Indeed it's been a while.... Rest assured the V40 won't cost as much to calibrate as the 5 since we only charge for what we adjust rather than the dealers who charge full price no matter what the complaint.