how does this look to you?

jammy

I did think that to being pretty much the same car.the manger said that I only went in for the front to be done 🤔 I actually asked for a full geometry check and adjust accordingly and that it's been lowered al round with new coilovers and new top mounts and that everything else should be fine in terms of bushes etc as it passed it's mot at same centre just the day before..the reply was don't worry our guys know what they are doing 👀 if they insist on not adding required ballist shall I stop them carrying out the job?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am expecting to now get charged an extra 50 for the rear adjustments but I am intending on refusing to pay anymore as far as they are concerned they have cost me a days pay

I can see it being a fun start to monday!

My concern is that they won't have and kind of ballist/weight to add during the session..as soon as I mention anything regarding weights and rear today I got a rasied voice saying to stop with the attitude by one of the staff? While remaining as calm as I could I simply said get someone who knows what they are doing would be an idea ðŸ˜

Tony should I have preloaded these coilovers when I built them up before fitting? Been trying to understand preload for a while now and I am not getting it

I did however wind both coils to the sAme punt before installing

I Was just going to replace my apex springs I had on my 1.9 cdti 150 Sri vectra and use the updated shocks and suitable apex springs but according to manufacture specs the front axle weight of the 3.0 cdti was to much for the front shocks so went for these..

I only replaced the set up on the 3.0 due to 2 snapped springs and leaky shocks up front or I'd of left it alone till it was viable for me to spend a bit more and get a spax pax set up it mot was due sooner than I thought

Preload on them is beside the point because they have helper coils.....Normally preload would start from zero coil chatter + 5mm but it's all down to the driver really, some might have 25mm. The rear is going to be a challenge because the pre-load is restrained by the damper travel.

The rear ride height measures at 335mm and after entering it in to the machine it still won't read the rear (still grey)

That's because it's lower than OEM allows. They could input the nearest low measurement the machine allows or remove weights.

And still there..bolt is seized inside the Bush coller .... getting frustrated much

Common on that type of adjuster, they could turn the adjuster and pre-load the adjuster a little, with luck and given time it should brake free.

They can't get the arm out without cutting it away..good job I havr a spare car

Hr said he couldn't find an option to add their measurement or only wanted from centre of wheel hub to arch which was 335mm ..i make that somewhere round 30 to 40mm lower than one with oem sports suspension like an Sri.. .