how does this look to you?

jammy

first shot is when i got the car measured after mot to see what was what...went home did some checks and found the steering wheel had been moved to give the impression it was straight,so sorted that and now the wheel does the 1 and a half turns from straight to full lock both right and left..i then went back and had it checked and adjusted accordingly,though i am not happy with the how the car drives at all now!!! steering seems to be well light ( all vectra and signum i have owned have had a night tight feel to the steering when being driven.and it also bugs me why places have such hitech equipment but refuse to adjust the rear? yhis was done at one of our favorite fast fit centres local to me...

it seems every car they have in gets set to 0-0 

caster and camber are slightly different each side but not by much but i feel i am having to hold the wheel to the right slightly on the straights and dosnt feel that stable anymore..although the geometry of the car was way out before hand it had a nice firm and direct feel about it...

new top mounts + top mount bearings fitted along with brand new coilovers and springs fitted just a week ago and its only been dropped around 30 to 40mm and seems the sit equal ride height both sides

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the limit to upload directly to a post is 2mb. I see you've uploaded them to the gallery instead, it looks like the restrictions don't apply there.

Did you really take your car to Kwik fit for a geo! :lol: :P

Not a lot of choice mate..buy the time I've driven to win and back paid for fuel and geo etc it's best part of near 200 quid I don't got right now.

Hard to tell with the limited information but here we go....

The car needs ballast to pre-load the suspension and then the height needs typing in the machine. Once done the machine will release the target data for the rear and as we can see it's in gray shade meaning it wasn't pre-loaded.

Also they have given you the "dumb" printout ( not my terminology ) so most of the information i need is missing.

Not a lot of choice mate..buy the time I've driven to win and back paid for fuel and geo etc it's best part of near 200 quid I don't got right now.

Hard to tell with the limited information but here we go....

The car needs ballast to pre-load the suspension and then the height needs typing in the machine. Once done the machine will release the target data for the rear and as we can see it's in gray shade meaning it wasn't pre-loaded.

Also they have given you the "dumb" printout ( not my terminology ) so most of the information i need is missing.

So what's the next step? Show them what you hAve said or aim for a refund and get my backside to wim? All I could get out of the guy doing it was it's in the green so it do t matter where it's set as long as it's green 🤔

I know mate I was joking :) It's not cheap if you don't live local to WIM.

Where you living now, are you still on the south coast?

Yeah still in Margate mate.. not had no work for 2 weeks as we have wound up all contracts now and none due to start untill first week of April so I'm a slight crisis atm 😬 but will soon be back to normal 😊

Well the rear data's not in the green because they didn't tell the machine what height the body trim was . Also i want the full image which includes the SAI or KPI, two different names for the same thing.

So then..i have been told that the reason the back never gave any readings was because the tech put the car in as a

Vectra estate and not a signum ? Apparently thier Hunter machine recognises the signum rear but not as a vectra 👀 got ti go back at 8.30 am tomorro.and according to the guy I spoke to no ballist is required 😥 I k ew id live to regret letting them touch my car 😂