how does this look to you?

jammy

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you mate... Are you standard suspension? Mine has been parallel but I didn't like the twitchy steering wheel over every lump and bump.. I can't remember where input the print out but I'll get Tony to post a before and after of the read out 

1 hour ago, jammy said:

Thank you mate... Are you standard suspension? Mine has been parallel but I didn't like the twitchy steering wheel over every lump and bump.. I can't remember where input the print out but I'll get Tony to post a before and after of the read out 

Yes mate, standard suspension and my steering is as you've just described too. Light steering but not self centering enough. Tony is the man with the geometry so it'll be interesting to see his results :)

:lol: omg it was ten times worse on the way home.. Just walked through the door mate.. 4 hours..

Drives nice though mate :) that little fine tune mad a lot of difference.. The adding weight to preload has always had me baffled anyway.. If you add 70 kg on both front seats  and the. Set the car, what about when just one person is in the car that must make the numbers do over time?

I've written on my last print out 'DO NOT PRELOAD BEFORE GEOMETRY' :) I did insist it was preloaded each time so part blame on me for that then haha..

Maybe a visit in 6months for a check and maybe a fine tweek if ifs warrented? I expect it will have poly lower arm rear bushes by then to.. 

@nickT front toe set to - 2 but remember mines modified set up so this may not work for you...

Thank you so much Tony you truly are a chassis god :) was great to see you and Rich :) can't believe its been ten years :o

11 minutes ago, jammy said:

:lol: omg it was ten times worse on the way home.. Just walked through the door mate.. 4 hours..

Drives nice though mate :) that little fine tune mad a lot of difference.. The adding weight to preload has always had me baffled anyway.. If you add 70 kg on both front seats  and the. Set the car, what about when just one person is in the car that must make the numbers do over time?

I've written on my last print out 'DO NOT PRELOAD BEFORE GEOMETRY' :) I did insist it was preloaded each time so part blame on me for that then haha..

Maybe a visit in 6months for a check and maybe a fine tweek if ifs warrented? I expect it will have poly lower arm rear bushes by then to.. 

@nickT front toe set to - 2 but remember mines modified set up so this may not work for you...

Thank you so much Tony you truly are a chassis god :) was great to see you and Rich :) can't believe its been ten years :o

Glad you got a great result there, I'm chuffed for you :D

Thanks mate.. I'm even more chuffed that my set up I done to it Friday works well for the car and me :) Tony fine tweeked the beast with his magic fingers

I softened up the front and rear dampers a little bit to to give me a bit more feel of the road along with a very small bit of lean into the bends is making the barge grip well.. 

What spec do you have nick? Yours is a vectra right? 

• 1 month later...

Track rod ends finally gBe up this week,a couple of pot holes s cured that deal :rolleyes: though didn't really affect the car's drivemich tbh.butbi now know it was definitely them making it twicth about and tramline as now the new ones are on it stays in lane properly and literally no twichy steering..

Its going on the geo ramp tomorrow to see what's what and probably a little tweek..

I was a bit concerned that n/s was 18 turns and the o/s was 15 1/4 turns though..had to do a naughty adjustment by eye as I can't drive it about with a p**sed steering wheel  as it's so annoying :lol: but it's sat straight and is driving  surprisingly well and runs straight when I let go of the wheel......

Must be a good day for it as I also changed the track rods on my mates cavalier as the was seized solid and needed adjustment s after lowering it 40mm and got that driving nice too :D thats in for alingment after I've done mine..

Now is it worth the cavvie going on the geo ramp or take it to somewhere with 4 wheel laser alingment?

Ages..the track ends have been on there way out for a while  mate...if you see the road where I live you would understand why it's a constant up keep .. I'm putting in a claim against Thanet council as one of my other setbofvwheeps got mullard before I got the vxr wheels..

Plus I do a hole lot of miles in a week too..honda is off road ATM as the steering pipe has now broken in half and all four calipers are leaking so it's effectively a death trap..MOT due in 3 weeks but we're skint after Christmas so the signums been doing a 1000 miles a week since second week of November so it actually does quite well..

I'll drop a pic of the results up soon..there was a new lad there it took him ages to do :lol: he wasn't listening when the boss and me both said it's very sensitive and to do little adjustments and let it settle after each adjustment and got all cocky saying I've got it don't you worry :lol: Yuh huh :rolleyes: it became so amusing that we both let him carry on untill he got it where it was before :D he said we were horrible c***s but he was glad he stayed at it....he doesn't like my car and he has only had to set it once! The boss has done it at least 6 maybe 7 times me twice so I just said expect to see more of it the more work gets done :lol: tramlining and twichy steering has gone now