how does this look to you?

jammy

Well I am raising the rear 20mm tomorrow which falls into the lowest option on the machine.. And hopefully should bring the camber and toe back to where is was..

Got a drive to Cambridge tomorrow which I was looking forward to but not so much now

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah they did mate.but as you said you thought there wouldn't be enough adjustment on the rear to reach the target due to its ride hight and there wasn't,

I've managed to gain 15mm of hight on the rears reading 335 hub to arch but that's as far as the spring Perch goes..

Just as well I've raised it tbh as I am off to pick up an 8k sound system for beach parties and I'm told it's not that light :rolleyes:

Just drove to work and it's horrible :unsure:

Went the same way as I did all last week and I couldn't corner half as hard as I had been.

I can feel it sat arseend up.. Not liking it

No the dampers are find.. I am thinking the bush In the bottom rear arm might be damaged after the guy snapped the bolt on Saturday as I am getting a knocking noise from the n/s/r...

I've got to go and pick up the new bolts tomorrow and the owner will be there so I'll be having a chat..

There the snapped bolt issue and on Friday I noticed that the n/s track rod hadn't been tightened up after it was last aligned.. The owner is good at what he does but the monkeys that were there Saturday don't have any fxxx's to give..

No doubt they cooked the siezed and sheered bolt to get it out of the arm

The suspension is working well Imo..

I was on the front again to day working on the camber which has made. Difference.. I had to alter the toe as the change in camber mode the wheels toe out rather a lot..

Will be intetesting to see the first readings Friday as after my last play I got the Fronts to sit parallel by eye

• 3 months later...
On 27/03/2018 at 19:41, Tony said:

Right some numbers.... Due to the height I've based the numbers on the VXR.

Rear

Camber -2 degrees 7'

Toe +10' each side

Front

Camber -1 degree 5'

Castor: Not adjustable so high is good providing there's no more than 45' difference between them

Toe +5' each side

Found the numbers you gave me last time mate. Should I aim for this again? 

Drives OK for the 10 miles I've driven so far.. Went for  bit of toe out at the front  it was really twitchy before, no more twitching.. It a bit more road feel now Imo too, plus its less of a crashy ride too.. Let's see how it ikes south France in on hit then :lol:

On 09/11/2018 at 21:48, jammy said:

Drives OK for the 10 miles I've driven so far.. Went for  bit of toe out at the front  it was really twitchy before, no more twitching.. It a bit more road feel now Imo too, plus its less of a crashy ride too.. Let's see how it ikes south France in on hit then :lol:

Out of curiosity, how much toe out did you go for in the end?

Is it still driving alright?