Sign in to follow this  
Sagitar

Feeders

Well we don't want that...Has Rich contacted you yet?

Yes, thanks Tony. I have a note from him that I've not yet had time to digest.

He knows his stuff that's for sure....

The conclusion that we seem to be heading towards is that the browser that I have been using, i.e. Microsoft Edge inside the latest update of Windows 10; is not completely compatible with the software of the WIM site.  It's necessary, because of my use of some other sites, for me to continue to use Microsoft Edge as my default browser, but I can install Chrome in isolation and use it to access the WIM site. That is what I am now going to try.

I would be interested to know whether anyone else is using Microsoft Edge with the latest version of Windows 10 and whether they are having any problems in accessing WIM and/or loading images.

I think part of the problem is there are so many browsers you can use now on different operating systems including mobile ones that they don't all work in harmony. The constant updates from Microsoft also don't help.

Having massive problems with Rooks and Jackdaws on out feeders , comes from living in the country I guess but the whole feeder can be emptied in hours when those descend on it 

As an aside we already have a family of Blackbirds in the garden with the young almost the same size as the parents , seems very early to me ? 

My blackbirds are still sat on the nest, so yes does seem a bit premature.

Magpies and Jackdaws empty mine in no time as well - just looked out of the window and they are empty again!

Having massive problems with Rooks and Jackdaws on out feeders , comes from living in the country I guess but the whole feeder can be emptied in hours when those descend on it 

As an aside we already have a family of Blackbirds in the garden with the young almost the same size as the parents , seems very early to me ? 

No chance of me getting a feeder...Two cats and a yappy dog take care of that thumbsdown_anim.gif

I have put strands of wire across the open sides of the bird table so that birds up to about the size of starling can get in but nothing larger.

The perches on the hanging feeders are too small for the larger birds to get onto them. So we have corvids and wood pigeons etc sitting on top of the bird table roof, but not able to get at the food. The best that they can do is sit on the ground below the bird table and eat the scraps that fall as the smaller birds are feeding.

Must be relaxing watching them in the peace and quirt of the garden.