Saab 9-3 steering angle query

jammy

Had the cim module replaced last week and had the steering angle Re calibrated.now before the cim was removed the steering wheel was in the straight ahead position,it was also straight while driving.now though it's of center to the right, the rack is now not central as it turns more to the right than it does to the left..I pointed this out to the mechanic that done the cim and coding and I got a reply of,it's your imagination mate,when j mentioned about centralising the rack to the car he just looked at me vacant!.. the problem I bow have is if I remove the steering wheel and move it one notch round to the left I am likely to upset the steering angle sencor right? Or can I disconnect the battery whilst doing this? There is a locating lug on the column spline and a notch o the steering wheel spline but there is a mm or 2 to play with either side.or am j best off undoing the column from the rack and moving the rack back to a central position?

The censor is set to the rear thrust angle meaning the rear toe is out and needs to be set to the steering censors dead ahead position.

Putting it a different way is you can't drive straight if the rear wheels are going in a different direction so you as the driver needs to manufacture a new forward direction by holding the steering wheel off centre.

I just don't get how the steering wheel can sit straight when car was going in a straight line and have equal turns from centre to full lock Both ways but now it's not equal and don't run straight :unsure:wish j had bought tech 2 saab/vx device when I had the chance..same old story..my cars are fine until so.eone else has to do something to it like remove a part and fit a new one,and through something out of sync..ah well it's not worth spending much more cash on so it can stay like it and get sold

I just don't get how the steering wheel can sit straight when car was going in a straight line and have equal turns from centre to full lock Both ways but now it's not equal and don't run straight :unsure:wish j had bought tech 2 saab/vx device when I had the chance..same old story..my cars are fine until so.eone else has to do something to it like remove a part and fit a new one..car was spot on