Recommend me some new tyres

S2IM

Hi guys

So I'm on my second set of RE050s which are done. And I now need all 4 doing. So good time in my book to shop around. I could get 4 RE050s again but when you get to around 70% wear they really go off if that makes sense. Never found wet performance to be amazing either but ok.

I don't really want to lose the stiff sidewall as the car really is suited to it with the suspension set up standard. (2014 tuned Fiesta ST so now putting out more torque than before when the last set of RE050s were fitted)

So in short I'd like to keep the handling characteristics of the car but increase wet performance.

What are people's views?

Cheers

If you don't fancy the Uniroyals with the soft sidewalls then what about the Falken 914? We had a pair of these on the Civic for a while and they were very good in the wet but then that car didn't have the power and torque that yours does.

I think you'll have to compromise somewhere though if it's better wet grip you want. You might even like the Uniroyals on the Fiesta, is it worth taking a chance with them?