Performance air intake question.....

Tony

The more air the better the combustion hence the performance air intake which is one step nearer to a turbo...Thing with the universal one is as said there was no provision for the airflow sensor and some other plumbing the current air box has and yes the MR2 K&N comes with a heat shield.

K&N intake fitted including the correct fitting for the intake sensor.... First impressions are no additional noise but a noticeable change in acceleration. It's hard to explain but before it seems the car was struggling to breath. Now my thoughts are maybe a performance cat?

I'm thinking about one of these now

post-2-0-35651100-1505219889.jpg

Some specs

• PLEASE BOTE 14-21 DAY DELIVERY Electronic Supercharger - Turbo Charger MORE AIR + MORE FUEL = MORE POWER Instant Bolt On Horse Power - Plug & Play
  • The Way To Get More Powerful Down Force Is To Have A More Powerful Explosion At The Top Of The Piston & The Way To Do This Is To Force More Air & Fuel Into The Cylinder At Each Cycle.
  • Force-Feeding The Engine In This Way Is Forced Induction, The General Name For The Whole Family Of Turbo Charging & Supercharging Devices Designed To Boost The Engine Power.
  • Each Kit Contains:1x Electric Supercharger.1x Hi Flo Performance Air Filter.1x Flexible Silicone Hose & Clips.1x Wiring Harness Which Includes Connectors & Micro-Switch.
  • Step By Step Fitting Instructions Provided. Please Email Us & We Will Send.Please Advise At Purchase Stage The Size Of The Adapter You Require & This Will Be Sent With The Electronic Supercharger

I don't understand the workings too much but a charger is belt driven by the engine isn't it? This filter would be like attaching a hairdryer to the end of it so it blows a bit more air in to the engine. I don't think there is any comparison between the two.