Time to add some shine to the F360....

Tony

So it begins.... I used to really enjoy cleaning my Lotus and i want to get there again with the 360 so today it was a trip to Halfords for an all-round cleaning kit/ polish... Results to follow but first a question? After looking and looking i couldn't fined anything to clean and protect to fabric roof? Can anyone suggest something?

Yeah you need to treat it once a year ideally. I've not done it since getting the 5 but I have a bottle of renovo to use and it should do 2 treatments. Water just sits on the roof so it needs doing asap.

Don't use shampoo on the roof. Just brush it, hoover, wash with a mild solution of all purpose cleaner using the brush to work it in and rinse off with a gentle stream of water from the hose.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some Autoglym soft top refurbishment for £23 but i was scared off due to the warnings "DO NOT" get on paint or glass!! Annoyingly i lost the receipt so no taking that back but i opted on this instead

post-2-0-33270200-1502185621.jpg

Not tried it yet due to the weather but it reads much better without all the warnings.

Don't worry too much about getting fabric cleaner on glass! I can't see something designed for cleaning fabric doing any damage to something that stops 70+mph of wind and numerous stones from hitting you in the face ...

If you get any on the glass, just wipe it off.

It'll be like wax manufacturers saying "don't put this on your windows" - I have waxed my rear windows before!

It's the proofer rather than the cleaner, they dye the fabric as well as treat it. Just use some old sheets to trap between the roof and glass then mask the rear window.

You need to let it dry after applying to a damp roof so don't wash the car straight after applying. If any does get on the glass or paint just wipe it off immediately, don't let it dry.

If that's the cleaner it'll be fine, it's only all purpose cleaner. It's the proofer you have to be careful with.

It would've been easier to apply that today as the roof needs to be damp. You could've cleaned the roof, then the car, then sprayed the proofer on the roof while it's still damp wiping off any that gets on the paint or glass.

Now you'll have to damp the roof tomorrow which will probably cause water streaks down the paint so you're just making more work for yourself.