Tony

Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Looks promising... I don't think they could replace the hood but they may be able to re-tighten it?

The new Ferrari seats are more of a challenge than i expected. I thought all i would need to do is replace the frame rails with my universal rails and happy days.... Sadly no. The Ferrari rails are part of the seat frame and not a bolt-on addition.  This means i now need to re-shape the rails before i can fit them onto the universal rail mounts. In addition on inspection, the seat rails have been modified before meaning things are not as clear-cut as i thought. 

If they've been modified previously and this wasn't mentioned on the listing you are within your rights to request a refund. Especially if the seller is a business.

Will fitting them to the universal rails mounts not make the seats higher? Have you checked the clearance between them and the roof?

Modified or not they were to cheap to lose....There's plenty of clearance if i do raise them but even so the OEM rails sit high in the seat meaning the rails are nearly flush.

Well lets hope the weather is nice once you're back from the cruise and they can be fitted without too much aggro. Are you still selling the car next year?

Yep as of this Friday the cars off the road for the winter. Then it's MOT next April then sell it. I may well start another project but for me, this one is done....almost.

I might of missed something but why are you faffing with the seats if you want to sell it next year? Are you trying to get a higher price buy adding them in ? :)

Sounds kind of stressful - you need to look after yourself remember Tone!

That's what I was thinking too, why spend the time and money fitting the seats and selling it before you've even used them.

Are you expecting to get more money back than what you paid for the car? Looking on eBay they seem to sell for less than what you got yours for :(

The seats should have cost 2k, so there is some residual added value when it comes to sell.

Replica prices differ massively online but the time of year and originality of the build impacts the true sale value. Remember I'm not a desperate seller so if i need to I'll site on the sale indefinitely.

Time to fit the F355 seats....

The initial issue is the 355 seat rails are not detachable so i need to modify them to fit my universal mounts. The rear seat pick-up points are fine but the fronts need some work namely a butane burner and some bending. 

IMG_0976.JPG.82b0fa53a5c775edc77446f63b56d9a5.JPG

Once level i was able to fit the base

IMG_0978.JPG.db3c51271de7f9a6f9c2c613bd095254.JPG

Everything appeared to be plumb

IMG_0980.JPG.dbb205d8100e219fbfe2ebf9223af6b1.JPG

Once fitted the seat wouldn't retract!!!!..... I think i know why and that's i think the rails are a tooth out hence the reason the seat can't move. A minor problem but given the weather and mud I've been working in all day, it's a job for Sunday.

I thought you might of left them until next year to do. What's the height like, do they sit higher than the other seats being on 2 rails?

I couldn't wait just in case they didn't fit the rails..... The height is much better giving more clearance and because they are thinner there's more leg room.

That's good then :)

Feeling a bit niffed  :angry2:.... Not only do the seats have paint on the seat base outers and the plastic mechanism covers missing but now it appears one of the driver's seat rails is missing :censored:... I've only noticed now because i "was" going to fit the universal base. 

I get it that they are used and the paint on them will be out of sight and i can use the old seats plastic covers but missing this rail is a p**s take since none of this was mentioned in the description. I now have loads of aggro making a new rail, not only for the fit but it will also have to work since it's the driver's seat and it will have to be able to move.

Did you buy them from ebay or with paypal or with credit card? When did you buy them?

Paypal credit from ebay....i'm niffed as said but they are so cheap i'm going to keep them. I just wish sellers would be honest, i mean did they think i wouldn't notice!!