Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

Anybody used on of these

zzxs-l1600.jpg.62f5c8284878c9481da5a298b97527cb.jpg

It plugs into the OBD11 port and seems to have quite a few functions. One of the ones i'm interested with is the gear change position. Reason being is 6 to 5 and then to 4 seems easy to get wrong and i'm not keen on a gear flying through the gearbox.

I while ago i did see a unit that connects to the gear linkage that sends a digital signal to a unit on the dash but for the life of me i can't find where i saw it. Loads out there for motorbikes but none apart from the one i found for cars.

2 hours ago, liner33 said:

Havent we been through this ? The problem is the MR2 obd is limited on what you can read , so likely a device like that will be of little use 

Yes we have and I thought Tony bought an adapter to use with the torque app.

https://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/16925-tonys-ferrari-f360-blog/&do=findComment&comment=182262

The overheating problem returned yesterday.... Took about an hour to get home allowing for the car to cool down. Today now i can get at it, it would appear to have a hole in the rad :suicide_anim:..... So i have a question, if i get some rad weld can i put that in the expansion bottle because i can't get directly at the rad without removing panels.

Yeah point taken, i'm not overly keen on red weld in an old cars waterways... I used it in the Vectra and it worked brilliant but the 360 nah i can't risk it.

As it stands I've got the game plan on how I'll fit the new rad since it's not a conventional fit so i think I'm ready all i need is the rad.

Best way to know your car is to take it apart.

Mission Radiator

IMG_0797.JPG.24d4f8be8b3e054120db1c19a5e47ecd.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG.4bb7473985a523a62e6f14090c76434d.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG.dfed089d7ebb4fecb0be726167ed54c9.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG.46e9b875da55c03bd0d88ca0f5955023.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG.6b89cb04e779f3874e4ec34c54317fdf.JPG

Spare wheel well was an utter arse to remove but once done there's plenty of space. New rad in, bled and working fine only issue i have now is the ABS light has come on?

At least there is loads of room at the front to work. Looks like a good job was done.

For the ABS I would check where they are plugged into and make sure they're not loose. Did you remove the wheels? If you need a new sensor though they aren't cheap from when I've replaced them.

Issue i had and knew i would have was to remove all the spare wheel well and surrounding trim. The lower undertray i already removed at work. The rad had to come out from above but there was no room to do this without removing the entire front clam which i wasn't going to do. So with some cutting, grunting and swearing i got it removed.

Other than that it was plain sailing but for now I'm going to leave the area void in case there's any other issues. The ABS thing is odd, yes i was working around the control area but nothing looks out of place and yes i have checked the connections. 

As for the wheels.... I would have removed them but the scissor jack i need is in the Vectra and that's gone so no i didn't remove them.

I've decided to change the steering wheel again. The one I'm getting is a F1 MoMo carbon wheel but i have a question. With the current wheel there's no horn due to a wiring issue through the hub and spacer. The new wheel has connections pre-installed via buttons on the wheel but?... Providing the airbag light is out will the car pass an MOT?