Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

That may be so but if i can find the colour then I'll do it myself.

Good luck, how you can find a colour that doesn't exist outside of the paint booth of the guy who painted it I don't know. Companies will mix up paint that "looks" like the factory paint for many models , it might look like a 360, it might look like a Astra but wont match your car  

That may be so but if i can find the colour then I'll do it myself.

Good luck, how you can find a colour that doesn't exist outside of the paint booth of the guy who painted it I don't know. Companies will mix up paint that "looks" like the factory paint for many models , it might look like a 360, it might look like a Astra but wont match your car  

I totally agree but i have to try... Today i went to the paint company but since i was in the car he used the Ferrari colour cards to find the nearest match, he then tested the mix and then made some more with slightly more blue in the mix. I'm testing a sample now including the etch primer and clear coat...We will see?

• 3 weeks later...

I've had to admit defeat with the paint....After can number five and £18 a can and still the colour is wrong...

post-2-0-90926700-1529945604.jpg

post-2-0-32105900-1529945617.jpg

post-2-0-22071900-1529945627.jpg

Next week it's going to a bodyshop to have the entire NS sprayed and blended to the sum of £600 crying_anim02.gif

My only consolation is the repair i did to the NSR quarter panel is invisible so at least i did something right

Nearly there...The car goes to the bodyshop Monday for a week. The entire NS needs preping and then painting. Unlike the paint I've used they are using a water based paint. The fact only a small part was marked by me they have to do one side of the car so that the paint blends in... Assuming it is a good match i'm going to ask for a small tin of paint so i can tidy up and paint other blemishes but only small areas using this...

post-2-0-52638200-1530200940.jpg

Yes it's a very fine mist which i think will do just fine for the small areas i'm addressing. I'm talking chip, scratch, crack. If i could get a paint pen or chip stick i would but there's no match out there i can use. So all things working well if they can match the paint these small areas i can do myself.... Next week is going to cost me £600 and even after that i need the bonnet done because the finish is terrible f-ck knows what DNA were thinking?... Slightly off topic i'm about to insure the car again and the registration lists the car as DNA3 so there's no mistaking the build.

I've fitted alloy covers on the dash. Often i see this on the F430 and although I've not seen a F360 with this type of dash i know they do make them... Cost isn't to bad but they do come from the US so it's a slow process.

post-2-0-94557900-1530372944.jpg

post-2-0-37457200-1530372959.jpg

Apart from the look it does brake up the black OEM dash so elevating the look away from the MR2.

Cars in the bodyshop now but what trauma it was getting there?....Elaine knew a way into Berkhamsted but without having to drive into the town centre since the car has trouble on the speed humps. So plan was follow her, drop the car off and a lift home, sounds simple "you would think!".. I followed her on the bypass totally aware i don't know where i'm going. A mile or so in she pulled out to the fast lane with me close behind, but then we were hitting 60mph, 70, 80, 90. I'm thinking bloody slow down woman. After miles of fast lane then back to the inside lane I'm beginning to wonder where the hell is she taking me. As the road signs flew past with names i recognize as miles past where i though we was going i pulled over..... I called her saying "what the fu&k are you doing!"... Only to be told i was following the wrong BMW....He must have thought i wanted to race....So i did a U-turn in the country lane and got beached on a pothole crying_anim02.gif....A good 30min trying the rock the car off/ out of the hole with much scraping and crunching i got out.....

What are the odds on a black 3 series BMW in front of Elaine and me thinking it was her...The driver must have thought i was some posh idiot wanting a race in rush hour traffic...

I didn't get a chance to read the plate but at the time i thought it was her... A whole set of conditions and chance lead to what happened. The BMW was a black three series same as her's. It pulled out into the fast lane from in front of Elaine and i initially wasn't expecting to know where i was going hence the reason i was following her.

The pot-hole was the exact reason why i didn't want to drive down the town centre. This one was more like a hole in a hole and it was an off-road parking area. I though it must have damaged the sills since i could hear them crunching but on inspection they are fine.

Please to say the cars been in the bodyshop and the paint blend is excellent. One area where i went totally wrong is the paint is water based not oil based. The water base initially looks totally wrong until the water has evaporated and then a clear coat locks everything in.

post-2-0-43677900-1530896763.jpg

post-2-0-48863400-1530896774.jpg

post-2-0-25240600-1530896785.jpg

It wasn't exactly cheap at £600 but it was worth it to me. Next to do is get them to spay the bonnet, reason being the paint on it is to thin so i can see the waive and they quoted me £300 for that.