Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

Tone don't bother with those those quick release bosses. The cheap ones are s***e and the tolerances are loose as hell. You want the wheel to stay connected to the car. Basic fixed boss is cheaper and will work fine with Momo. Airbag light fix is usually a 2p resistor in-line!

Not quite what i expected?.... I fitted the MR2 boss and the MoMo steering wheel only to find the column controls were to close. Just as well i kept the the other boss that can remove the steering wheel. So a combination of both the fit is a done deal. I still have the wiring to sort for the horn and to top it off the Ferrari logo horn button on the OEM wheel is to big so i need to order a smaller one.

As said I've used the MoMo steering boss with the detachable boss...Pending is the Ferrari horn button, airbag "off" wiring and the horn wiring. I'm not sure exactly what the steering wheel cover is made of but whatever after driving my hands are black? I only hope this is "bedding in" otherwise I'm going to chemically seal it.

The current boss's

post-2-0-19342900-1524503669.jpg

post-2-0-62135300-1524503680.jpg

Does anyone know of something that will adapt the boss so it cancels the indicators?.... Obviously i have blinkers on the dash but they are behind the steering wheel so not in my line of sight.

I saw this in the flesh today, it's coming along nicely Tony :)

Shame about the indicators not clicking off, that would annoy me. What makes them cancel to start with?

A lobe in the OEM wheels cast...It seems to act on the indicator like a sprung lever... I'll be really surprised if there's not a adaptor since there are thousands of road cars will pattern wheels.

Part of my weekend is dedicated to remove the wheels, brake down the replica disc's and calipers, clean and paint them. Knowing i had this to do I've already got a low-lift 2tonn jack

post-2-0-17733500-1525630753.jpg

I started on the NSR by removing the brakes but for safety i wanted to refit the wheel...So with a little more jacking i tried to fit the wheel but it still wouldn't line up, so with a little more jacking....The same so i jacked again and the jack fell over ohmy.png.... Out of my sight the jack was sinking.... With panic well and truly set in luck lent me a hand by the car falling on the inner wheel so there was no damage....Needless to say i then used the jack from my Vectra and the trolley jack together.

So what ground are you using to lift it on? Grass? Is it flat?

I've done the same thing on tarmac and a slight slope, result was car and jack tilted together :( Fortunately no damage.

Plywood on hard mud, flat ground... I think what caught me out was the car is so low i couldn't use the correct jacking point, so i had the jack way under the car so all i could see was the handle... It was pure chance i had the wheel where it was or if it hit the wing the whole quarter would have been damaged.

I'd start by getting a decent trolley jack that one in the photo doesn't look great and the wheels look too small and thin.

Just seen it on eBay for £23, I think that tells you all you need to know, cheap for a reason. I learnt the hard way too, jack started sinking but it didn't fall over. I bought a decent one after that.

It's definitely dodgy jacking a car on a slope unless you have a beefy jack. I assume you're doing it on the grass bit outside the front of the house?

Always use axle stands too!

All i wanted a jack for is to do the brakes hence the reason £24 2ton was all i could justify and the ground was level. Maybe it tipped because i couldn't use the real jacking point...General rule is as you jack either the jack moves or the car moves during the lift.